It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2001, 08:25 PM   #1

airgirl HB User
Post how rapid does small cell lung cancer spread

my stepdaughter is terminally ill with this disease and is in a rapid decline.Does anyone know if there can be be a rebound at this stage of illness? The professionals say not but it is very difficult to give up the fight. ANy advice and information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-21-2001, 08:13 PM   #2

mreed HB User
Red face

I have non-small cell lung cancer and I have been told that it is slower that the small cell cancer. However, my doctor was actually hoping that I had small-cell cancer because it was a more aggressive cancer but it responds to treatment more often than non-small cell lung cancer. So small cell lung cancer being so aggressive is also its weakness because it will sort of "punch itself out" once you find a drug that it responds to. I have asked several people how fast my cancer is growing and nobody knows. I think it depends on the individual. I hope this helps a little.
Take care!
Michele
P.S. Just wondering, how old is your step-daughter? Good luck to her and her treatments!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Small Cell Lung Cancer 9 Month Survivor wolfman54 Brain Tumors 36 05-27-2010 05:34 PM
I need HELP!!! ----> EXTENSIVE SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER. MeaganM439 Cancer: Lung 12 01-07-2010 07:20 PM
how long can my husband survive with small cell lung cancer that has spread to the sp PATSY2103 Cancer: Lung 2 06-06-2009 09:44 PM
Please help me know what's coming for us..small cell that metastasized MaryAlisha Cancer 9 07-06-2005 04:00 AM
Mother recently dx with small cell lung CA willow1960 Cancer: Lung 2 12-24-2004 09:07 AM