It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2001, 05:57 AM   #1
(female)

reiki gal HB User
Question CT Results~CONFUSED???

Got CT results & seems the "docs" know about as much as I do...which is nothing!

No other "spots" seen & lungs are clear. Report said there "appears to be a cavity" within the 1cm mass???...and a cyst was found on my spleen. (They gave no indication what this might mean as regards to lung issue.)

Of course I am VERY grateful that it isn't obviously any cancer...but surely don't want to have bronchial biopsy or surgery just to satisfy anyones curiosity!

I asked about sputum testing for cancer cells & NSE blood test for cancer markers (which I found out about online)...got no reply as of now.

Of course these are fairly inexpensive tests...hate to think that way but have seen & heard too much about "testing for dollars" with HMO's etc.

Has anyone ever heard of this (cavity within mass) and/or what it might signify? Any questions or suggestions I might present to the pulmonologist they have scheduled me to see?

Thanks for any and all help/guidance!

Old 10-06-2001, 10:11 PM   #2

jfbuffy HB User
dID YOU READ MY REPLY TO YOUR LAST MESSAGE THAT YOU POSTED ON sEPTEMBER 30TH?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2001, 02:41 PM   #3
(female)

reiki gal HB User
hi Buffy,

I was waiting for test results to post any more. Yes, I did read your reply & jotted down "Histoplasmosis" to ask doc about...I was in caverns in Blue Ridge mountains in 1999; but that is the only place I could think of that I might have picked this up...IF that is what it is.

Hope to learn more from the pulmonologist on Monday. In the mean time just praying that it is not "C".

It is certainly frustrating to go through all the testing (like you did) and no one seems to know! Guess it just takes time to rule out other things....which is O.K. by me! Better than no hope!

Thanks for replying & I'm glad you found the answer to your "problem".

Old 10-07-2001, 06:00 PM   #4

jfbuffy HB User
Just 4 ur information...the way to find out if it is histoplasmois without surgery is a blood serology test! Insist upon it. They send a sample of your blood to the Mayo clinic in Minnesota.. They try to grow the stuff in a jar it takes about a week to know for sure...I hope this information helps. I seriously believe I got histoplasmosis from watching 1 million bats fly out of the cave at Carlsbad. I inhaled strongly because it was such a weird smell this is when I think I got it but I'll never know for sure. Keep me posted about your condition...I'm curious! But don't forget to ask DOC about Histoplasmosis it is a definate possibility. Bob Dylan had histoplasmosis but he had surgery before they found out for sure...I was luckier.

Old 05-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
(female)

robu333 HB User
Smile Re: CT Results~CONFUSED???

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiki gal
Got CT results & seems the "docs" know about as much as I do...which is nothing!

No other "spots" seen & lungs are clear. Report said there "appears to be a cavity" within the 1cm mass???...and a cyst was found on my spleen. (They gave no indication what this might mean as regards to lung issue.)

Of course I am VERY grateful that it isn't obviously any cancer...but surely don't want to have bronchial biopsy or surgery just to satisfy anyones curiosity!

I asked about sputum testing for cancer cells & NSE blood test for cancer markers (which I found out about online)...got no reply as of now.

Of course these are fairly inexpensive tests...hate to think that way but have seen & heard too much about "testing for dollars" with HMO's etc.

Has anyone ever heard of this (cavity within mass) and/or what it might signify? Any questions or suggestions I might present to the pulmonologist they have scheduled me to see?

Thanks for any and all help/guidance!

Closed Thread