It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2002, 12:02 AM   #1

VinClub1 HB User
Post Pain under lower left shoulder blade?

I have been having pain under my lower left shoulder blade for about 6 months now. It is a constant dull ache. I am worried about lung cancer, but have no other symptoms beside the ache in my shoulder. I feel fine otherwise. Thank you for any information you can give me. I am 29 and have been a smoker for about 13 years.

Old 06-22-2002, 10:09 PM   #2

peeps1111 HB User
Hi:
Is the pain tolerable? If it is dull, it is probably not cancer, but you should have a CT scan anyways. My sister had only pain as her one symptom and ended up with stage IV lung cancer. It didn't show on 3 chest x-rays so they are useless when the cancer is on the apex of the lung. She had no coughing or anything but the pain was relentless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2002, 09:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

stolie HB User
VinClub,
I know very little about lung cancer, but I do know that pain along the shoulder blades (especially in between) often comes from degeneration of the spinal discs in your neck (weird, I know, since the pain is not in the neck.)
That was my first symptom. I was a smoker for 10 years (am 29 and quit 4 mos. ago) and found out that one of my spinal joints is arthritic. Since that time, I found out smoking is a risk factor for developing the condition earlier in life (usually it's a condition caused by aging).
Might be worth asking your doctor about, as he could give you x-rays or maybe even order an mri to see if that might be the cause.
Dave

Old 08-06-2002, 07:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

mr bean HB User
Question

VinClub,
How's your appetite?...Does this pain come and go, or is it there constantly?

Closed Thread