It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2003, 10:27 AM   #1

Rebecca Hoskin HB User
Post New Member/My father recently diagnosed with cancer

In December my father was diagnosed with small cell carcenoma of the lungs, stage 4. We recently learned that it is also in his bones, 2 spot on the liver and kidneys. He has lost 70 pounds in 3 months and is weak. He just started his third round of chemo. The doctor said he would live only 3 months without chemo and 1 year with. I am very angry that the doctor would even give this time frame. Is there anyone out there that can give me some hope. I know this is not curable, but I do not want to lose any hope for a miracle. Is there anything I can do for him? He says he does not have any pain but just feels tired alot. We have not told my father what stage of cancer this is, and he does not know yet that it is in the liver and kidneys. We do not want him to give up.

The following user gives a hug of support to Rebecca Hoskin:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebecca Hoskin For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 02-13-2003, 10:49 AM   #2

Karma1976 HB User
Hello Rebecca I am sorry to hear about your dad. My dad has stage 4 NSCLC with met. to his bones. First off i would say unless your dad has expressed not in anyway wanting to know his DX then i would think to tell him but again that is just me. i know my dad was VERY apprehensive about learning anything. i told him that i thought it was a big mistake cause ignorance is a killer more so then the disease. Also as so many people will say, a "time frame" as someone said to me is just a statistic. As i am sure you have i would just read up on everything. and looked into clinical trials too. I was also refered to another web site that has given me a lot of info and support. I will try to email or if we can PM you on the side with it. I hope all works out with you and your dad!

The following user gives a hug of support to Karma1976:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Karma1976 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2003, 07:45 AM   #3

tosharp HB User
rebecca
my father was diagnosed on monday the 19th with small cell carcinoma and its spread to the liver as well.
'
weve not really gotten a time frame but one year is all i can find on the computer.
its all still new to me and im angry
but Im not losing faith and I know that one year is a textbook answer.
Ocean

The following user gives a hug of support to tosharp:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to tosharp For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 02-26-2003, 02:36 PM   #4

littletinkerbell HB User
hiya rebecca
my dad has small cell primary lung cancer mets to the bones liver and kidneys we found this out a month ago he started radiothereapy yesterday and we are clinging to the hope that this will prolong his life a little. My dad has known all along about how bad his cancer is we were advised to tell him incase he had things he wanted to say to us and us to him and I can honestly say it was the best thing to do for us as we can talk to him about every aspect of his disease and be very open with him. Life will never be the same rebecca but hang on in there for him thats what gets me through because I have to be strong for him. I will be thinking of you rebecca just you get through the best you can honey.......

The following user gives a hug of support to littletinkerbell:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to littletinkerbell For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Closed Thread