It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2003, 08:30 AM   #1
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
Post not for the weak stomachs

My mom is experiencing VIOLENT bouts of vomitting and explosive diarrhea. The vomit is green and black and smells terrible and I am not one that is usually noticing that kind of stuff. The diarrhea is uncontrollable and is like water. Whenever my mom strains to move or roll over it just pours out into her pull up. My question is has anyone else experienced this kind of thing so powerful. My mom will be completely asleep and will projectile vomit straight into the air. It is similiar to linda blair in that awful movie. She is no longer eating but her dr. has a home health nurse come out every other day to give her fluids through the IV - obviously it seems that she is sicker the day after getting the fluids.

Old 02-27-2003, 11:50 AM   #2

LeisaH HB UserLeisaH HB User
I would call her doctor..... That is not "normal"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2003, 01:56 PM   #3
Dan&cheryl

I TOTALLY AGREE. CALL 911 even...Cheryl

Old 02-28-2003, 07:44 AM   #4
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
Thanks you guys - I had phoned her dr. a couple of times and their explanation was - it was bile and there wasn't anything to digest so that's why it was green and as for the volume his nurse said that some patients do experience that closer to the end. Luckily we finally got in for her scheduled scan and office visit. We rec'd 3-4 inches of snow and when that happens in Memphis literally the entire town and interstate shuts down. (so her appt had to be rescheduled. Yesterday I took both my mom (for a scan and dr. visit) and dad (for his first round of chemo) to the dr. A scan showed a small bowel obstruction. BINGO! I should have researched *****.com (green v.) is the main symptom of a small bowel obstruction. So they quickly admitted mom to the hospital inserted a nasogastric tube down to her stomach to suction for a day or 2 then will do another x-ray and or scan to see if that helps. If not they may opt for surgery. The dr. says he doesn't know if it is cancer that has spread to her bowel or not, but wanted to try this tube first. As a side note my dad seemed to tolerate his treatment well but it has only been 1 day - keep your fingers crossed for us and thank you for your replies. Yall are a Godsend. ~ Hope B.

Old 02-28-2003, 08:35 AM   #5

LeisaH HB UserLeisaH HB User
Hope.... in all my experience, the bile is yellow, not green and black. I am very happy though the scan found the problem. You should be very proud of yourself for being able to handle both your mom and dad's sickness. I know from last summer that I could not be in your shoes right now. My fingers are crossed for you. Anytime you need to vent we are all right here.....

Glad to read that your dad seems to be handling the chemo well.

Leisa

Old 02-28-2003, 08:38 PM   #6

ellekat19 HB User
My grandmother had cancer, lung and colon. The colon cancer was found first and she was vomiting like that. It was green (like bile that the liver produces). Please take her do a doc. Does she smoke? I only ask b/c smoking causes other parts of the body to lose oxyen, like the colon i.e,, I would strongly recommend seeing a doc.

Closed Thread