It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2003, 07:42 AM   #1
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
Post he looks too healthy to have less than a yr!

As I mentioned in an earlier post my mom has been fighting nsclc since feb 2002. My dad has just been diagnosed with the same cancer this yr. (2/20/03). After seeing the toll that all of the chemo treatments have done to mom, dad has always said he would never take treatments. I pushed my mom to fight fight fight - only for the end result to be the same - i also said if anyone else was ever diagnosed i would offer support but never again would i try to sway anyones decision whatever it was. Well dad not only has lung cancer in both lungs but it has spread to the liver, both adrenal glands, and bone several thoracic vert. and a lumbar vert. (this was only a chest scan!! So it may very well be in many other places.) But my dad looks great!! His pain in his back is the only thing that hurts but that pain is nearly unbearable. He begins his first round of chemo today. The dr. says radiation would probably not help the pain as much as chemo; since there are too many areas to "shoot" so dad was left with no recourse except the chemo that he is so afraid of. My dad is a great looking man that looks as healthy as a horse. Goes to the gym several days a week and actually works out lifting weights and such. Cuts all the elderly couples grass during the summer (free of charge) - my dad was fortunate enough and smart enough to invest smart and was able to retire at the age of 42. He is only 60 now and looks maybe 50. His dr. has told me in all likelihood he has less than 1 year. Please add our family to your prayers. I feel my mom is near the end but now she seems to really be trying to hang on because she is so worried about my dad. (She is too conscious of her surroundings to have kept this from her.) Thanks for all of ya'lls support - Hope B. from Memphis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2003, 07:50 PM   #2
Dan&cheryl

Ya know, just when you think things couldn't get any worse...I had my hands full taking care of just one man, I don't know how your family will manage caring for two. I do know that we do what we must. I wish I could give you some advice but at this point all I can offer is a prayer or two. Keep your chin up, your family needs you. Cheryl

Old 03-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #3

Deb47 HB User
Hi, Hope. I feel for what you're going through. I would just savor any good times you have left with your parents. It puts you in a terrible position; for that I feel so bad for you. Why do these things happen to us? I don't have an answer. All I can say is that you will get through this. Your parents did not want this to happen to them...they did not want you to have to endure this pain. But life throws things at us that we can't understand sometimes. I do believe there is a God; and he doesn't hate us. He really does care about us; and he will see us through these horrendous times, if we will only turn to him. I wish for your parents a peaceful passing, and for you the strength to carry on. My dad died of lung cancer; so I do know a bit, what you're going through....Deb

Closed Thread