It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2003, 05:40 PM   #1

Mary Grant HB User
Talking Biopsy CANCELLED

To all of you have been so very supportive, especially Cheryl: I was scheduled last week for a biopsy and possible lobe removal. The surgeon had been out of town and read the results of my CT scan with contrast the night before. Their office phoned at 9:00 p.m. (!) saying the growth had shrunk and you know the rest. I am to have a follow-up scan in three months and the surgeon advised he will "watch me like a hawk." I will continue to monitor these posts if I can be of any assistance to anyone else going through this dreadful process.

Thank you one and all for your prayers and support.

Mary

Old 02-26-2003, 11:33 PM   #2

ann203 HB User
Talking

Hi Mary, thanks for replying to my question about lung nodules. I am due to have another x ray on Monday 3rd March to see if there has been any change in the nodules over the last 4 weeks. I will keep you posted. I am so glad to hear that you no longer need a biopsy. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Take care.
Ann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2003, 01:53 PM   #3
Dan&cheryl

Hi, Mary. Glad to hear your good news. This is only my opinion, but, if you can be checked in 6 weeks instead of 3 months it may save you some worry time. Even if you have to tell the Dr. you're not feeling 'right'. Waiting for the time between visits was awful.
I'm thinking about a malpractice suit gainst Danny's primary Dr. The Cancer docs were wonderful but that family Dr. should be shot.
Any way, keep good thoughts. and keep us posted. Cheryl.

Old 03-04-2003, 01:01 PM   #4

Mary Grant HB User
Ann and Cheryl: Thanks for replying.

Ann, let us know what happened yesterday.

Cheryl: yes, yes, yes, consult a personal injury attorney. You have nothing to lose. I hope you are healing. I take your advice to heart about waiting three months. In the follow-up meeting with the surgeon, he no so subtly indicated I wanted this surgery. I replied I wanted to know if I have cancer. All research I did indicates biopsy is the only way to know for sure. I am glad that my job keeps me too busy to dwell on this issue at length.

I wish you both the very best. I'll be checking this board from time to time.

Mary

Old 03-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #5
(female)

NancyEllen HB User
Mary,

Of all the research I have been doing I know, also, that you have to have a biopsy to see if you have cancer. That is why I knew my father would have either a liver or a lung biopsy. He said the liver biopsy was a breeze.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Nancy

Closed Thread