It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #1

ann203 HB User
Unhappy WORRIED SICK

Hello everyone, I am just going now for my second x ray to see if the nodules in my lungs have grown or changed since they were first detected 4 weeks ago. I am really scared, especially after reading all the sad messages on this board. I don't know what to expect. Will I need a biopsy next or will they just monitor the nodules by x ray? I have no idea. Can anyone who has been through this offer me any advice please, it would be gratefully accepted. I have been feeling so guilty these last 4 weeks, I worry that if I DO have lung cancer, then how can I possibly explain this to my 4 children? What should I say to them? I feel like it is my own fault for not giving up smoking earlier. I've been such a fool. To all you smokers out there, PLEASE try to give up, you owe it to your loved ones and especially to yourselves. God Bless.
Ann.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2003, 07:53 AM   #2
Dan&cheryl

You hang in there Ann. Your kids need you to fight no matter what the tests or doctors say. Hurry up and get back here so we can support you...Cheryl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2003, 08:41 AM   #3
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
I know nothing about this Ann but I just wanted to offer my support and prayers....Good luck.

Autumn.

Old 03-04-2003, 02:26 PM   #4

Mary Grant HB User
Ann, don't waste your time feeling guilty. Many of us smoked but we can't change what has passed. There is plenty of blame to spread around, including our government, which subsidizes tobacco and who refused to sign on to an international policy limiting tobacco advertising.

My research indicates that the only way to know for sure if you have lung cancer is to have a biopsy. You really can't start treatment or know what your options are until you know.

I am still afraid that they've made a mistake; misjudged the size of the tumor; but all of these issues are really beyond my control. I can only bug them to order more tests and then do the biopsy if I don't like the answers I hear.

If I do have cancer, then at least I know. I did the will thing when surgery was scheduled and straighted out all affairs that I could. Your children will be thinking about you, not the fact that you smoked. My feeling is that if it is my time, it is my time.

I'm thinking about you.

Mary

Old 03-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #5
(female)

NancyEllen HB User
Ann, please let us know how you are doing.

Nancy

Old 03-05-2003, 12:21 AM   #6

ann203 HB User
Thankyou Cheryl, Autumn, Mary and Nancy for replying. I am deeply touched that you have taken the time to offer me words of encouragment, especially as you are all suffering too. Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about your husband, you must have been a tower of strength for him. I will not know the results of my tests until Wednesday 12 March, until then I am living each day as it comes and trying very hard to be optimistic. I will keep you posted. Once again, thanks for caring, it really helps to know there are people out there who care, and Nancy, I will say a prayer for your dad, God Bless....
Ann.

Old 03-05-2003, 09:15 PM   #7

littletinkerbell HB User
ann I am so sorry you have all this worry I am not personnaly affected but my dad is he has small cell lung cancer and I thought I would fall to pieces as I love him so much but I have coped the best I have, I have surprised myself how much, so ann don't under estimate your children have faith in them if the things don't work out how you wish they might surprise you..I will pray for you ann that things work out for you ....god bless....mags.

Old 03-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #8

jwgeetar HB User
yea hang in there ann. i had a quarter size tumor on my lung and was biopsied. it was a carcinoid the was beniegn. it's a long story but i had my right lung removed for another bronchial infection that collapsed
it. get a biopsy quick, you can beat this thing--i did!

Old 03-10-2003, 07:48 PM   #9

babbles HB User
Ann,

I told my sister about your situation. She said to keep up on it. You are the boss. She did not and now we have to tell her kids the worst. She wishes you the best and hopes all turns out well. I will be watching the board to hear how you are doing. God bless.

Closed Thread