It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 07:32 PM   #1

babbles HB User
Post Thank you

I want to thank everybody for the great advice and support regarding my sister. Today she and her husband talked with her doctor. He is so good. He told her that she should never give up on the miracle because he has seen them. She asked if that ment he was taking her off the terminal list and he had to say no but as long as he is her doctor her will make it painfree, comfortable and very dignified. He puts all his energy into her when he walks into the room.

Someone told me about the book "Final Gifts" I am going to get that tomorrow.

I was thinking her kids should have her at home after all your great wisdom. I was thinking that if David or Josh want to say something to their mom they only have to go to the next room not all the way to the hospital. If it is what she realy wants then that is the way it should be. The doctor told her husband that when the end .. (crying) is near he will know and he will be at her side. I believe that.

I just want her to get some strength back so she can enjoy some of the time she has left.

THANK YOU!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2003, 08:59 PM   #2
(female)

NancyEllen HB User
Babbles, you hang in there. I ordered "Final Gifts" and read some of the excerpts on line. It sounds like a real inspiration. My father has cancer and I am trying to be strong. (Feel weak when no one is looking). Stay healthy and please keep in touch with us.

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 05:26 PM   #3

littletinkerbell HB User
Your sister sounds like a very brave lady be very proud of her babbles..thinking of u all..mags..

Old 03-13-2003, 08:34 AM   #4
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
My prayers are with you and your family, babbles. I m going through this with my mom and dad right now and sometimes try to figure out if it were me what would I prefer. I have 3 boys (14 yo / 12 yo and 5 years old) and I feel I too would want my last days to be at home where if they wanted to "sneak in" to see me in the middle of the night just to hug me they could. I was sheilding my boys from their gparents because the pain it caused me was so great I didn't want them to feel this pain. But one of them asked why they couldn't go with me sometimes to see them. Well I took them the next time and while the older boys realized that both gparents are ill, they told me it was nothing compared to what they were imagining. Lesson learned for me. As a side note I bought the book "final gifts" the other day-- it is a bit painful to read I find myself crying while I'm reading it (but have cried reading the tv guide lately too) but I am finding this book extremely helpful and insightful. Hope B.

Closed Thread