It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 11:27 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas, NV,USA
Posts: 2
curt1985 HB User
Post URGENT Please help my sister!!

Hello,
My sister has been taken to the hospital and they do not know what is wrong with her. Here are the symptoms:
She had only 25% lung use as the other 75% was full of fluid. The tested her for Pneumonia and tha came back negative. They tried to take her off the oxygen, but she can not breath on her own. She is in no pain and not on medication, other than the oxygen. She has lost 30 pounds in about three weeks. She is a pale white skin color. She is extremely weak.
Does anyone have any idea what this is?
You can send Email to me
Thank You!
Curt

 
The following user gives a hug of support to curt1985:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to curt1985 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 03-13-2003, 11:33 AM   #2
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: memphis, tn, usa
Posts: 70
hope1220 HB User
Post

DEFINITELY just my opinion---- but I have had experience with my mom where if she is taking iv fluids and they go in too fast it can sometimes build up fluid in the lungs-- i am not a nurse and that could just be a coincidence but it has happened more than once with my mom. Not quite that bad but it has happened. My prayers are with you-- this is a hard journey, good luck.... hope b.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to hope1220 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 03-13-2003, 11:14 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Las Vegas, NV,USA
Posts: 2
curt1985 HB User
Post

Thank you for the input, but the fluid was there before entering the hospital. She was at home alone since Feb. She was saying every thing is fine when we'd call, but when we walked in to her home last week, we found her in this condition with the 75% fluid in her lungs.

 
The following user gives a hug of support to curt1985:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to curt1985 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 03-14-2003, 08:21 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Odessa, Missouri, USA
Posts: 61
mrsdlash HB User
Post

Hi, I am so sorry. My husbands lungs are that way now. When they gave him IV's he was worse, just drowning in fluid on the outside of his lungs it was full. He would even stop breathing for longer that i could hold my breath. He did that for about a week after the IV to hydriate him. He got better..then his lungs are filling up again. Sounds like marbles in his throat.
Hospice told us that if we tried to force fluids just drinking them...more than his body could handle any more...that it would collect on the OUTSIDE of his lungs AGAIN. I see that happen..he feels better ,,drinks more fluid..gets more around the lungs, then he is down fighting to breath again for a few days...on and on. But, My husband's organs are shutting down. He is giving a good fight to stay with us, though..
I wish the best for your sister and you, hugs and my prayer, Donna
__________________
foreverhis

 
The following user gives a hug of support to mrsdlash:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdlash For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!