It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 11:27 AM   #1

curt1985 HB User
Post URGENT Please help my sister!!

Hello,
My sister has been taken to the hospital and they do not know what is wrong with her. Here are the symptoms:
She had only 25% lung use as the other 75% was full of fluid. The tested her for Pneumonia and tha came back negative. They tried to take her off the oxygen, but she can not breath on her own. She is in no pain and not on medication, other than the oxygen. She has lost 30 pounds in about three weeks. She is a pale white skin color. She is extremely weak.
Does anyone have any idea what this is?
You can send Email to me
Thank You!
Curt

The following user gives a hug of support to curt1985:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to curt1985 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 11:33 AM   #2
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
DEFINITELY just my opinion---- but I have had experience with my mom where if she is taking iv fluids and they go in too fast it can sometimes build up fluid in the lungs-- i am not a nurse and that could just be a coincidence but it has happened more than once with my mom. Not quite that bad but it has happened. My prayers are with you-- this is a hard journey, good luck.... hope b.

The Following User Says Thank You to hope1220 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 11:14 PM   #3

curt1985 HB User
Thank you for the input, but the fluid was there before entering the hospital. She was at home alone since Feb. She was saying every thing is fine when we'd call, but when we walked in to her home last week, we found her in this condition with the 75% fluid in her lungs.

The following user gives a hug of support to curt1985:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to curt1985 For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 03-14-2003, 08:21 PM   #4

mrsdlash HB User
Hi, I am so sorry. My husbands lungs are that way now. When they gave him IV's he was worse, just drowning in fluid on the outside of his lungs it was full. He would even stop breathing for longer that i could hold my breath. He did that for about a week after the IV to hydriate him. He got better..then his lungs are filling up again. Sounds like marbles in his throat.
Hospice told us that if we tried to force fluids just drinking them...more than his body could handle any more...that it would collect on the OUTSIDE of his lungs AGAIN. I see that happen..he feels better ,,drinks more fluid..gets more around the lungs, then he is down fighting to breath again for a few days...on and on. But, My husband's organs are shutting down. He is giving a good fight to stay with us, though..
I wish the best for your sister and you, hugs and my prayer, Donna

The following user gives a hug of support to mrsdlash:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdlash For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Closed Thread