It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2003, 02:30 PM   #1

littletinkerbell HB User
Post My dad passed away yesterday

My much loved dad died yesterday after a brave fight against lung cancer with secondaries all over his body including brain and bone. He only got dx 6 weeks ago so he didn't have it long. I am now not afraid to die as I and my mum was there when he passed and it was so beautiful and it was a gift to have been there when it happened I feel so at peace now he is free of this terrible disease.........mags.........

Last edited by littletinkerbell; 11-09-2003 at 06:07 PM.

Old 03-09-2003, 03:17 PM   #2

LeisaH HB UserLeisaH HB User
Tinker...... I am sorry you have lost your father, rejoice though that you have had such a positive experience with death. rejoice that he is no longer the body you have seen, but that he is once again the person you know and love.

Leisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2003, 05:47 PM   #3

mrsdlash HB User
Dear Mags, I am so sorry for your precious loss. Thank you for posting how you felt. You give me courage as i am faceing my husband dying any day now, too. I pray that i get through it as you did. God Bless you and your Mom, I send you both my Christian Love, Donna

Old 03-09-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
(female)

NancyEllen HB User
Mags, I am so sorry about your Dad. Please let us know how you are in the future. Your Dad will be with you always.

mrsdlash, I hope your husband goes peacefully. Does he have lung cancer?

Nancy

Old 03-09-2003, 07:21 PM   #5
Dan&cheryl

Here I go crying again. I'm really touched by the way you and your mom faced your fathers death. I wasn't as brave. I guess I will wonder if Danny went peacefully the rest of my life. Please tell me how your mom copes...Cheryl

Old 03-09-2003, 07:49 PM   #6

babbles HB User
Unhappy

I am very sorry for your loss. My sister will be leaving us soon and your strength will help me through it. I hope her passing is as peaceful as your father's. Good luch and may God be with you.

Old 03-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #7

littletinkerbell HB User
hi everyone I must say a big thank you to you all mrsdlash,leisha,nancy,cheryl and babbles you all such nice people knowing you all care gives my mum and I the courage to get through this. My dads funeral is on thursday and we know we will need all our strength to get through the day but knowing you all care helps. Mrsdlash I know everything will be fine for your husband please don't fear the end it will be a gift you can look back on in time. Babbles I pray to god to give you the courage to get through this I to feared the end but in the end I had nothing to fear it was beautiful and so very peaceful I just know you will have the same experience. God bless you all and thank you for careing, I will keep you posted.......mags.........

Old 03-10-2003, 06:51 PM   #8

babbles HB User
Littletinkerbell,

You and I have the funny names. I am very sorry to hear about your dad. Thank you for message regarding my sister. We are hoping she can go home soon and get some stregnth so she can enjoy the rest of her life. I am trying to stay positive for her but I still burst into tears. Good luck and God bless.

Old 03-11-2003, 03:25 PM   #9

littletinkerbell HB User
hi babbles your such a sweet person I just know everything will be fine. Good luck and god bless you and all your family. Keep your chin up and I'm here if you need me for anything if you need to ask me something just go ahead and ask honey.......mags.......

Old 03-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #10

mrsdlash HB User
Dear Mags, and All,
Yes, my husband has Lung Cancer. Diagnoised a year ago. He went through all the radiation and Chemo. He had side effects that the drs, say they have never seen before. He had open burns in his back for most of this last year from that radiation, plus rashes the drs say they never saw before. After the cancer spread to his Liver and that round of treatments did the same things to him, I pleaded with him to stop taking it. Cat Scan proved it had not done any good in his Liver , anyway. So, he quit it all. In Dec., i think.
Now, he is in diapers, seldom drinks a thing but eats a little. Has constant dirrea, Organs have been shut down a long time now. He is a Skeleton. Tonight, he wanted to get close to me to get some heat..he is freezing! In a room that i am sweating in!~He is not afraid, and that helps alot.
I don't know what will happen...but, I do know, being with God will be better than all the suffering he has went through to try to stay here with us.
I have told him..i will be ok. I think he is trying to wait for the insurance money to come in the mail for his funeral. That is the way he is!~ Takeing care of all the finances...worked since he was 12 yrs old.
Sorry, i am talking too much. We have known each other since we were about 5 years old..now almost 57 yrs old. Hard to let go.
God Bless you all. I am so grateful you all write on here. I would otherwise be so terribly lost.
I send my Love and Well Wishes to you all, Donna (mrsash)

Old 03-12-2003, 02:08 AM   #11

ann203 HB User
My heart goes out to you and your family. I will be thinking of you. God Bless, Ann.

Old 03-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #12

littletinkerbell HB User
hi mrsdlash
Reading your post brought tears to my eyes in the end we thought the same way you are thinking now he'd be better off with god than with all the pain and suffering. My dad too started to look like a skeleton and his weight 2 months ago was approx 14 stones. Please mrsdlash dont be afraid to let him go you will see him again and please hold on to that I also know that, that was my dad and it's a different pain to loose your partner for life it's a more intense pain I know because my mums going through that now. As I sit here talking to you I'm also thinking about my dads funeral it's later today and I really don't know how I'm going to get through it...I'll be praying for you mrsdlash and your husband...mags...

Old 03-14-2003, 07:50 PM   #13

mrsdlash HB User
Dearest Mags, Thank you for your heartwarming wishes for me, in the sad times you are in. I wish for you and your mum, God's Comforter abounding. Thank you, for your words, I really needed them tonight. I was searching on here for some kind of help..and you gave it to me.God bless you for me, Donna

Old 03-15-2003, 03:00 AM   #14

littletinkerbell HB User
God bless you and your husband Donna x

Closed Thread