It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2003, 02:16 PM   #1
(male)

Unhealthy123 HB User
Post Does my mom have lung cancer?

My mom recently started coughing severely, though it has not been dry and there has been no blood coming out. She doesn't smoke and wasn't exposed to any carcinogens as I know of. It seems the only symptom she has is coughing.

She was admitted about 4 days ago and returned today. They first did a CT scan, in which they were pretty sure it was cancer. But when they took another scan, they said it could be Bronchitis, or Sarcoidosis. The latter seems believeable since the cough just came out of nowhere and is virtually gone now.

Anyway, they just took some samples of the (growth) or whatever it's called. The results should come on monday. I REALLY don't think cancer could appear that quickly, and if it does... why only 1 symptom that's rapidly dissapearing?

Could someone clear this up? Thanks.

Old 09-19-2003, 04:47 AM   #2

Egypt322 HB User
Everyone is exposed to carcinogens daily. If you take a shower, bath, brush your teeth, wash your hair, cook with non sitck pans, brown meat, eat processed foods, breath and the list can go on for miles. These all contain cancer producing agents. All though not all will be affected by it. The risk is there.
As far as your mothers health, DO not worry until you are told to. If the test shows conclusive for cancer then have your mom get cancer smart! SHe should read everything that is out there. She is in control of any treatments. She has the final say. She should never take the doctors word as Gosple. If a diagnosis of lung cancer is found then make sure she knows the type of cancer she has. Then she must read up on how the treatments given for this specific type respond with the cancer. It is well known that chemo does nothing for lung, breast and colon cancers. The only thing found is that the chemo may give her longer but not a cure. Most cancer coughs come abruptly. And can go away. But just because she has a cough doesn't mean she has cancer. She could have been exposed to a known or unknown irritant that caused this cough. Like I said untill you are told it's cancer don't worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 01:24 AM   #3

gailski98 HB User
my mother has small cell lung cancer.a very agressive and fast moving cancer. she doesnt, and never had, a cough. her most frequent complaint before diagnosis was the persistent nausea.

Closed Thread