It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 04:57 PM   #1

Nancy Ellen HB User
Post Dad is gone.

My Dad died last Friday. He went so fast.

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 06:07 PM   #2

MomOf4PreciousHearts HB User
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year to lung cancer. Looks like I may join him in a few months myself. Restaged to stage 4 last week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 08:51 PM   #3

clc313 HB User
Unhappy

I am so sorry for your loss! Just know that there are people out there that understand your pain and are praying for u and your family at this very sad time!

I HATE CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
cindy

Old 09-27-2003, 04:21 AM   #4

ann203 HB User
Nancy Ellen, I have read all your messages on this board and I am deeply saddened by your news. God bless you and please keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. Take care, Ann.

Old 09-27-2003, 06:30 AM   #5

Mich4 HB User
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom last January at 59 to lung and brain cancer (lung being the primary). The loss is so great. The only thing we can be sure of is that they are at peace right now and not in any more pain.

Take care and again I am so sorry for your loss.
Michelle

Old 09-27-2003, 06:34 AM   #6

Mich4 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by MomOf4PreciousHearts:
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year to lung cancer. Looks like I may join him in a few months myself. Restaged to stage 4 last week.
I am so sorry to hear your news. I was praying for you. I am also a mother of 4 and i know you must feel so much pain for your children. I will keep praying for you, it looked like you had a miracle almost a month ago with the doctors not finding the cancer when they operated. How did they find it? Are you comfortable? Make sure you take advantage of everything they can offer you.

Take care and please keep posting. You have friends here. Michelle

Old 09-27-2003, 07:17 AM   #7

Nancy Ellen HB User
Ann thanks for all of your support on this board. My Dad didn't suffer so that is a blessing.

I haven't seen Cheryl post anything lately. I hope she is okay.

Nancy

Old 09-27-2003, 01:38 PM   #8
Dan&cheryl

Hi Nancy, I'm ok. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. It's just so sad coming here. I read almost all the posts but responding means having some thing to say and sometimes I just can't find words. I hope you and your mother are comforting each other. Isn't it strange worrying about people we don't even know. Like poor Walter. I wish I could talk to him. He may be in pretty bad shape right now. Donna is another one I really miss. Or situations were so simular.
I wasn't very close to my father so I can't say I know how you feel. I imagine the greif almost unbearable. I go to the cemetery at least once a week and I beg Danny for signs. I'm going to see John Edward in May. It's actually the first thing I've really been excited about in over a year.
There I go again, I'm not good at comforting others. Just remember that I'm thinking about you.
Cheryl

Old 09-27-2003, 03:34 PM   #9

Nancy Ellen HB User
Cheryl,

Just hearing from you is comforting. Thanks so much for replying. My father and I were best friends but the grief isn't unbearable because he had a wonderfully long and fulfilled life. I miss him terribly though. I keep thinking I have to call him to tell him about the Boston Red Sox then I remember he is gone.

I can't imagine how it feels to lose a partner. I think of you always and everyone here on this board. That is cool about John Edward. Make sure you let us know how it goes.

I went to my Dad's gravesite today and just made sure everything was okay. The flowers from the funeral on Tuesday are still there.

Take care of yourself.

Nancy

Closed Thread