It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2003, 08:55 AM   #1

CDiNitto HB User
Unhappy Dad's Gone

Hello all. This is only my second post and I'm sad to say that my father passed away on 9/22/03. My original post was asking about moving my father out of state to a hospice closer to home. We never had that opportunity. I called the doctor and asked him about moving my father and he strongly advised against it and suggested I come soon for a visit. I flew to Florida three days later and got to spend the last week of my father's life with him. He was awake and somewhat coherent the first two days I was there, and then slept most of the time after that. I will always be greatful that I got to spend those last few days with him. I flew back home on 9/21/03 when the hospice nurses told me he wasn't going real soon and if I needed to go home for a few days I should. I was also told that he probably wouldn't go while my sister and I were there. I kissed him goodbye and told him to please let go, he didn't deserve to suffer and then I flew home. I received a phone call at 6:42am the next morning that he had gone. I will always treasure the fact that I had the opportunity to say goodbye and one last "I love you".

This site is wonderful and so helpful. I wish everyone the best.

Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2003, 09:29 AM   #2

Mich4 HB User
HI Cindy,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother in January to lung cancer (59), she was my best friend. I know how hard it is, but I also know how wonderful and opportunity to be able to say goodbye and that you love them. I was fortunate to have that as well.

Take care,
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2003, 10:38 AM   #3

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
Your both in my prayers. STay strong and know that your loved ones can now travel your lifes journey with you. They, in the peaceful state of heaven, pain free, will watch over you. I consider my beloved granny, who unexpectedly passed away in her sleep at 65 , to be my guardian angel, or atleast one of them. I wasnt given the opportunity to say goodbye, and that I would meet her at the pearly gates upon the time of my departure from earth. I was raised, and lived with during my first few years of life with my granny. We moved 1500 miles away when i was a freshman in highschool. Within 3 years she was dead. I miss her. God Bless You Both

Closed Thread