It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2003, 06:08 AM   #1

scrum HB User
Post Father in Law has graduated to glory

Hello to all. I just wanted to let you each know that my wifes dad passed away last Wednesday night at 8:45. I have not had access to a computer or I would have posted sooner.

He had been in the hospital for 6 days. The doctors finally determained that one of his brain tumors was causing pressure on the part of the brain that controlled neuralogical functions. He did seem to know what was going on he just could not communicate. On Sunday (09/28) he did whisper to my wife that he loved her and he was able to tell my girls that he loved them. To my knowledge that was the last time he spoke.

The night that he died my wife was sitting beside his bed and telling him what a good Dad he had been ( she told him that quite often) and how much she loved him. He gently squeezed her hand looked and her and let a tear fall from his eyes. Within a few minutes of that he was gone.

My wife has been so brave and strong. Since her mom passed in July she has been devoted to her dad's care. Now she will have to grieve for them both. It has been through the prayers of thousands of people that she has been able to make it. She had no regrets, nothing went unsaid or undone. She told me last night that she did not understand how she made it through so well. I told her it was because God had lifted her up and was bringing her through. The fact that she has a clear conscience and not one strain of guilt or regret has made all the difference.

To each of you on this board, you will never know how much you have helped me and my journey through cancer. I did not have a clue where to begin when we were diagnosed, but through shared experiences I found direction. My family sends our love and prayers to each of you. I ask that you please pray that God will continue to give my wife peace and comfort through this journey.

May God bless and keep each of you.

Stacy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2003, 06:52 AM   #2
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
My prayers are with you both still. Thank you for letting us know-- I visit this board twice a day and because our stories are so similar I always look for a post from you regarding your wifes parents. It is still so hard to let them go-- but it does give me some comfort knowing that they are still together "strollin' hand in hand again..." (my dad said that often -- it was part of one of his favorite songs that he played on his guitar - Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain. Take care--

Old 10-06-2003, 01:06 PM   #3
Dan&cheryl

Stacy, I am so sorry for you and your wife. I know how it feels to lose two people that I dearly loved in a short time, one week actually. I feel that there is a reason and that my "two" are helping each other on the journey. I won't tell you to be there for your wife because we all can see what a caring man you are. I will tell you to be strong and that sometimes you may need your own support. That's ok...come back anytime, we're here. Cheryl

Closed Thread