It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2003, 03:19 PM   #1

ann203 HB User
Post THE COLONEL

Does anyone know how Walter is? I find myself thinking of him often and wondering how he is coping now that Dana has gone. I worry about who is taking care of him. If you are still able to get to your PC Walter, then please let us know how you are. God bless, Ann.

Old 10-15-2003, 06:02 PM   #2

TheColonel HB User
Hello,

Thank you, Anne for worrying about me. I'm still hanging in there. I'd suffered another stroke, and now have to use a voice recognition program to type on the computer. I rarely get on here, but I like to check in.

The cancer in the liver has been resected again. There are still lesions on the lungs and in the brain, but I'm getting WBR for the brain and chemo and radiation on the lungs. I decided to keep on fighting. I can't let myself just die without fighting. I have two little ones to protect and raise.

My mother-in-law Maggie is a Saint and she and my niece Christine have been caring for me. The pain is still the worst part, no meds really work, but nothing compares to the pain in my heart, knowing that my sweet beautiful Dana is not with me.

I miss her each day. Thanks for the prayers.

Walter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2003, 09:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Walter,
I'm so glad you posted as I, too, have been thinking of you.

You have the most amazing spirit and will to live of anyone I've met, and I believe those things make a huge difference in the course of an illness and treatment. I'm also glad to hear that you have people who are helping out.

As always, my prayers are with you and your family.

Ruth

Old 10-16-2003, 03:59 AM   #4

ann203 HB User
Hello Walter, I am so pleased and relieved to hear from you. You are a truly remarkable person and I admire your strength and courage. I hope it helps for you to know that you have people as far away as the UK who are praying for you. I'm so glad to hear that you have Dana's family taking care of you. We all need to pull together in troubled times. If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know. If it's possible, then rest assured, I will do it for you. Take care now, I will be thinking of you and holding you in my prayers. God bless you all, Ann.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
I too am sooooo happy to read your post. We have all become like a big family. It is good to see you are fighting and I am keeping you and your family in my prayers also Many people have you in their prayers. I know Dana would have been proud of you. God bless your MIL and Neice for helping out -- that is something they will treasure later- no matter the outcome. I was so so tired taking care of my parents when they were ill-- but at the same time I thanked God to have had that honor and to have meant so much to them in the end. Many hugs and prayers for you Walter---- Love, Hope

Closed Thread