It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 01:18 PM   #1

ChazzyBear HB User
Red face lung cancer

I need some help, we were told my Mom has type 3B lung cancer, wrapped around the arota , main arteries, and a 2 cm tumor in her left lung and a pea sized spot in her right lung! they have said 1 chemo a week and 5 days of radation for -this all for 7 weeks! Can anyone give me insite on this? THey say she has had this for 2 years and we have just found out! Will it get real ugly---and do we have alot of time? Does lung cancer always go into stage 4?

Old 10-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #2

king9228 HB User
Hi, I recently discovered this forum. My mom has just diagnoised with lung cancer similar to your mom's. My mom is inoperable and is looking for non-operative cancert treatments. One of the oncologists she saw suggested chemo + radiation. I'm just wondering if your mother is receiving this type of treatment. If so, what is her experience and your input on the side effects.

Any information helps.

Thanks.

Flora

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2003, 06:44 AM   #3

ChazzyBear HB User
Sorry to hear about your Mom. MY Mom started Radiation last thursday--she does 5 days a week. THen she does chemo once a week ---she must do both for 7 weeks!
So far she has done pretty good. She is tired but looks great! She said she had a little burning feeling to her chest but not much. Yesterday was her 5th day of radiation and she says she feels better than she has in a long time. My mom is a very tough woman though and has never been a complainer. Please swap info with me maybe we can help each other thru these tring timeS!

Old 10-17-2003, 08:20 AM   #4

mephoto HB User
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's cancer. In my dad's case he started out as a IIIA. That was almost 2 years ago. He underwent chemo/radiation and he was able to have surgery. Almost 1 year after his initial diagnosis, it spread to his bone, then to his lungs. Once it was in the bone it was classified as Stage IV. He went on strong during all of this, he is a fighter. Keep positive thoughts and be strong for your family. Lung cancer has a grim outcome, it gets ugly, I suggest you get all of the info you can from books, doctors, etc. It really helps to know what to expect. Like my 9 year old daughter says, miracles do happen, we pray every day for one, but in reality, we are preparing for dad's journey to end. He is there now...the doctors said he has about 2 months left. We called hospice, they are wonderful with dealing with the patients and caregivers too. They know how to comfort, control pain, and even put a smile on dad's face. Just take one day at a time, this will be a long journey for your family. And please remember I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hugs,
K.

Closed Thread