It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

madison55 HB User
Question nodule scare - what can it mean?

My 85 year old father has a small "shadow" on his CT scan that is going to be biopsied next week. We are all scared to death. He had bad case of pneumonia almost 2 years ago and doctor said it could be scar tissue from that. My question is, if you have a nodule on the lung, can a doctor hear anything when listening to your lungs. My dad's doctor told him yesterday that he could hear "just a little something" in the right lung (where the nodule is and where the worst pneumonia was). Is hearing "just a little something" a good sign or bad sign for cancer?
Madison

Old 10-26-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by madison55:
My 85 year old father has a small "shadow" on his CT scan that is going to be biopsied next week. We are all scared to death. He had bad case of pneumonia almost 2 years ago and doctor said it could be scar tissue from that. My question is, if you have a nodule on the lung, can a doctor hear anything when listening to your lungs. My dad's doctor told him yesterday that he could hear "just a little something" in the right lung (where the nodule is and where the worst pneumonia was). Is hearing "just a little something" a good sign or bad sign for cancer?
Madison

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 02:12 PM   #3
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by madison55:
Madison
When you hear things when listening to the lungs, they are not specific to cancer....in fact, the sounds in the lungs just give you an idea that something is going on, and it doesn't in any way mean that it's cancer. The sounds are things like decreased breath sounds, wheezes and crackles. It can mean there is scarring, pneumonia, fluid on the lungs, cancer, asthma, mucous, blood etc. etc. etc. Don't automatically assume it's cancer.

Same thing with a shadow on a CT...there are a lot of things that it can be, including the pneumonia returning.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:23 PM   #4
(female)

madison55 HB User
Projapoti:
Thanks so much for your reply. It has given me hope that I'm holding onto with all my might. My Dad is so healthly otherwise. Looks goods, good color, eats well, has not lost any weight, etc. Thank you for giving me some possibilities besides cancer.
Madison

Closed Thread