It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

tmarie HB User
My dad is dying of cancer and I am crying

all of the time. My brother and I are his caregivers and have been watching him slowly detoriate since Dec. He does not have much longer and it breaks my heart. He is in denial which is a good thing for him...keeps him positive but he gets worse everyday. My dad will be 61 next week. My mom passed away 5 years ago next week ( a day before my dad's b-day). I try to be so upbeat and postive around him but cry when I get home. I don't want him to die I have been spending every moment I can with him and savoring every moment. He weighs 107 lbs and no matter how much he eats he will continue to lose weight. It is killing me....I am seeing a therapist. I went to see her after my mom passed away and started seeing her again last month. I love my dad so much.....

Old 04-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #2

sheryl555 HB User
Re: My dad is dying of cancer and I am crying

tmarie,

I am so sorry about your Dad, he is so young to have this devastation. I will keep all of you in my prayers. I feel so sorry you, I honestly do. Just keep praying to God for strength, you truly will receive it.

Take care
Sheryl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User
Unhappy Re: My dad is dying of cancer and I am crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarie
all of the time. My brother and I are his caregivers and have been watching him slowly detoriate since Dec. He does not have much longer and it breaks my heart. He is in denial which is a good thing for him...keeps him positive but he gets worse everyday. My dad will be 61 next week. My mom passed away 5 years ago next week ( a day before my dad's b-day). I try to be so upbeat and postive around him but cry when I get home. I don't want him to die I have been spending every moment I can with him and savoring every moment. He weighs 107 lbs and no matter how much he eats he will continue to lose weight. It is killing me....I am seeing a therapist. I went to see her after my mom passed away and started seeing her again last month. I love my dad so much.....
I'm so sorry to hear this, as it breaks my heart and I don't know you. I know if it were me, I would be so weak, because that is me, weak when it comes to stuff like this. My sisters are the stronger ones in the family. I hope you find comfort with your therapy, but I know that only does so much. Know that someone is thinking of you though. God Bless! (HUGS)

Melly

Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
(female)

shopgirl57 HB User

I'am so sorry about your Dad, I know how you feel, I cry all the time about my Mother. I just wrote a post yesterday about her. She has gone from 175 to 98 pounds. We have to be strong for our parents, God Bless you and your Dad, your family.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User

Take comfort that when the time comes for his passing, he will be at peace and suffering no more. you have your memories of both your parents...they made you what you are...a caring good willed person (can tell from your posts). you will always have a part of them in you and will carry on...it may be tough at times but take comfort in knowing that many of us have been in your shoes (my mom lost both of her parents to LC last year-within 3 months of each other) and we all carry on as stronger people.

Old 04-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #6

littletinkerbell HB User

hi marie im maggie i lost my dad to lung cancer 2 years ago now he was 61 when he died. My heart goes out to you as i know every bit of what you feel i also looked after my dad im an only child so i did it on my own but i took in every moment and every memorie as i knew i would need them to get me through afterwards so u do the same and be strong for him and be proud of yourself ...take care...thinking of you...maggie....

Old 05-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #7
(male)

sportzjunkee25 HB User

i'm going through the same thing with my mom.....she is down to 111 lbs. and is deteroiting every day.....my heart and prayers are with you and everyone on these boards.....you are not alone

Old 05-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rockie HB User

Hi tmarie,
my heart goes out to you! Keep strong and cry when you need to. You will wonder when in the world will the tears run out? But, they never seem to. We got back just a while ago from hubby's first chemo, and while there it struck me how cancer strikes indescrimately. Young, old, male and female. You see the sadness in the eyes of those there with them. And, you know you are not alone. I too cry a lot. Sometimes days go by and I'm OK. Strong, tough. Some days I buckle and go off to a quiet corner and let loose. Hang in there and look up. He will be your strength in this time of need. My prayers are with you and your family.

Take care! <<HUGS>>
Rockie

Old 05-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #9
(female)

holst HB User

Hi tmarie,
I really feel for you, as I am going through the same thing with my sister. She is dying from small cell. She is in the last stages. I am besides myself with grief. My only comfort is that she will soon no longer be suffering. It is truly heart-wrenching to watch someone slowly die. She is 50 years old.

Be good to yourself and stay strong.

Closed Thread