It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

lilacdawn HB User
Unhappy did you "know" ?

i am a long time smoker (pot too, but not so much lately). i have had a feeling in the right side of my chest, it feels like a pulled muscle. it isnt constant, it doesnt hurt, and i dont feel it when i breath hard. i dont have a cough. i do have swollen glands under my left arm, the opposite side of the feeling. i was wondering did any of you felt "something" and it was a tumor? did you have a feeling inside your heart/mind ? i am scared. i have 2 kids, i dont want to die. i know i should quit smoking, its so hard. i know it would be harder to have surgery, and to go through anything related to cancer recovery or loss. i am afraid of what i might find out if i go to the doctor. i havent talked to ANYONE about this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
Inactive

Michael01 HB User
Re: did you "know" ?

What else can anyone say except that you must go to a Doctor. If you have a problem it's best to know early on. If you don't have a problem that will release you from intense anxiety. Several years ago I had some chest discomfort from years of smoking. I went and had a CT Lung Scan and it was negative. Tremendous relief. I know that it's easier said than done but for your children's sake you must stop smoking. I still occasionally smoke but I'm a single senior with no children. I also continue to go for CT Lung Scans. Don't wait any longer. Call your Doctor now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

rhebeka HB User

I know this is getting redundant but you HAVE GOT TO GET A CHEST X-RAY!
That's the only way of knowing what is going on inside. I had none of the normal symptoms of lung cancer.....except weight loss......my symptoms presented as rheumatoid arthritis, except my RA factor was normal. Finally my GP (after 6 months) sent me to a rheumatologist and she ordered a chest x-ray which showed a tumor 6cm by 5cm. I had no insurance and applied for social security disability. By the time I got approved for Medicaid the tumor had grown to 9cm, which is pretty darn large. Anyway I had surgery and they took the entire left lung out. The point is, get the chest x-ray as soon as possible......don't wait for the doctor to order it.......you ask for a prescription for it and go as fast as you can and get one done. Hopefully it will be something benign or nothing at all, but cancer can grow very quickly and the sooner you do this the better off you will be. That I can promise

May the Force be with you...........Becky

Old 06-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
(male)

sportzjunkee25 HB User

anyone who smokes ........if you feel like something is wrong go see a Dr as soon as possible....you want to be diagnosed as soon as possible....my mom had a pain in her back and right arm for several months before she finally had a checkup....when she was diagnosed it was already stage 4...as most of you know stage 4 is too late.....she passed away on May 8 i am an only child and i miss my mom very much....If i had known as much about lung cancer as i do now i would have sent her to get checked before she was in pain.....the earlier you are diagnosed the more chance you have to beat it. Good luck to you

Closed Thread