It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
(female)

Vatorelle HB User
Found 2mm Nodule Left Lung

About 8 weeks ago they found a 2mm nodule in the lower lobe of my left lung. They said not to worry and to have another CT Scan in 3-6 months. From what I can tell I don't think I should wait that long. They found the nodule by chance doing a CT Scan looking for why I had pain in my chest on the right side. Found a broken rib from coughing so much from bronchitis. Yes, smoker, 41, female. Any advice would be nice....where to go for 2nd opinion Seattle area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
(female)

BlueKitKat HB User
Re: Found 2mm Nodule Left Lung

Hi Vatorelle. If waiting for a scan is going to make you too anxious (and rightly so), I would go ahead and get a second opinion. Sure maybe the nodule is a blood vessel or the result of an infectious process, but if the anxiety is too much for you, let your doctor know or go to someone who will listen to you. I am a very anxious person to begin with, so I know that if I were in your shoes, I would go crazy unless I knew for sure it wasn't cancer, even if the doctor told me that it was probably benign. Did you doctor tell you what he thinks it is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 03:37 AM   #3
(female)

Vatorelle HB User

No he did not tell me what he thought, in fact it took him 4 weeks, 2 chest X-Rays and a CT scan to find the broken rib. Then he casually mentioned a nodule. He did not even explain what it was. I looked it up on the internet and realized what it was so I called back to get more details, size, shape..etc. I was told it is small in size and benign in appearance, that's it. So many people tell me that they know someone who had the same thing and it changed drastically in 3 months. I think I should go ahead with the 2nd scan now also.

Old 04-27-2005, 04:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

smithn HB User

These single lung nodules are commonly not cancerous for people who are at a low risk for lung cancer. Because you smoke however, you are at high risk and this is a warning sign! A Chest CT is very thorough and determines the composition of the nodule. Your doctor seems to feel that yours is benign. I would have another CT Chest done in 3 months rather than 6 then you will know just how stable the nodule is. The worst thing you can do is to keep smoking - please try to stop now. A second opinion never ever hurts and I would recommend that also since this is a serious health condition. See a pulmonologist and take your films with you.

Old 04-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
(female)

Vatorelle HB User

Thanks for the advice, sounds like a great plan and yes I am going to get some help to quit smoking! I will post back after I see the Pulmonologist.

Old 04-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

wastedagain HB User

Vatorelle,

I am not sure how you do it but if you go to search and find posts by a TXCHAZ I think its a story that everyone with any questions about nodules or concerns should read. It is scary non the less. I read these posts while it was happening.

W

Old 04-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #7
(female)

Vatorelle HB User

Wow now I am scared. One thing out of all of those posts popped out at me with a huge red flag. About 2 weeks ago I thought I had a piece of popcorn stuck in my throat. Chaz felt that early on. Is this a sign? I have not been ill other than the bronchitis and broken rib. Hmmmmm......got me thinkin scared. Did they ever figure out where his cancer originated from?

Old 04-28-2005, 08:55 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

wastedagain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatorelle
Wow now I am scared. One thing out of all of those posts popped out at me with a huge red flag. About 2 weeks ago I thought I had a piece of popcorn stuck in my throat. Chaz felt that early on. Is this a sign? I have not been ill other than the bronchitis and broken rib. Hmmmmm......got me thinkin scared. Did they ever figure out where his cancer originated from?
His wife has not posted in a long time she used to post on the grief threads, with a Renee but I have not seen anything in a long time, the thing that freaked everyone out was how fast it happend. Not sure if she reads the posts anymore or not.

There are other people on these boards who talked alot with TXCHAZ that prob could answear your questions better. Mwsell, a LadyJ, Shadowrose, and Renee. They were directly involved with Mrs. Chaz on a daily basis. I was captivated by the story, it was a love story to say the least.

W

Last edited by wastedagain; 04-28-2005 at 09:34 AM. Reason: add info

Old 04-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
(female)

mwessell HB User

Hi Vatorelle,

Don't be scared...be proactive...learn as much as you can and make informed decisions...knowledge is power!

I remember TXChaz...wow...I was floored when it was all happening...can't believe he died...BUT...I think his case was very rare and shouln't make you alarmed...just cautious.

I remember he was found to have a nodule on his lung...then there were several...he then kept complaining that he had a funny feeling in his throat-like something was stuck in his throat. The doctors tried to put a tube down his throat for a procedure and that was unsuccessful because the tube would not fit. This is where I get confused because the doctors did not seem to take any action. His posts on this board were getting very strange like he was having trouble thinking and typing. It sounded like cancer had gone from his lungs to his throat and then his brain.

I think the cancer was discovered when he went in the hospital and slipped into a coma. Then he was gone. Unbelievable story...

Doctors are wonderful...BUT they are not always right...I have a firm belief that you know deep in your heartwhen something is wrong - and you have the right to speak up...you dont have to agree because they are doctors...

Good Example...
When I went into labor and went to the hospital to have my 2nd daughter, the doctor and the nurses said I could go home...it would be 12 hours before I delivered...I said NO WAY. I am not leaving...she was born 30 minutes later and was not breathing...if I had gone home...she would have died...she is 1 1/2 now.

Instinct is very strong...do what YOU think is best after gathering all the info you can. I had my nodule removed...and I am glad I did.

Closed Thread