It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

tmarie HB User
My dad died on Saturday April 23rd

of lung cancer which had spread throughout his whole body. He died at home which was his wish and was the worst thing I ever had to experience in my life. He passed away at 10:40 pm and fought until 10:30 pm. He loved life and did not want to leave. I so wanted to take his pain away and there was nothing I could do. My brother and I kept telling him we loved him and we would be allright. We told him that my mom was waiting for him. My mom passed away 5 years ago on April 11th. The morning of his death, my brother and I went to church and prayed and asked my mom to come get him. She listened to us My dad was 61 and my mom was 57 when she passed away. They are together now...I miss my mom and dad but knowing they are together again makes it a little easier.

Old 04-29-2005, 05:30 AM   #2
Inactive

Michael01 HB User
Re: My dad died on Saturday April 23rd

Your dad was truly Blessed to have two caring children help him through his journey who deeply cared for there Father. A close friend with no close family and few friends died of cancer a few years ago in a hospital surrounded by strangers. You and your brother have also been Blessed having parents that you truly loved and cared for. You will always have wonderful memories. Peace.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

Vatorelle HB User

Sometimes our best and worst experience can happen simultaneously. God did hear your prayers and sent your Mom. You can have no doubt about that. Just remember, they are watching over you and now you have two more special people who will help guide you both in the right direction. Continue to see those signs along your way and you can have a wonderful amazing journey until it is your turn. It will be all of our rewards some day! You and your brother take good care of each other and remember, no-thing is more important than any person.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User

tmarie...i'm so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult this is. My dad passed away from prostate cancer in July 2001 and my mom passed away from lung cancer in Jan 2003. I also aske for my dad to come get here even though i did not want to let her go. I wanted her suffering to end. Even though i feel a little left behind and alone (i have no siblings) I feel better knowing they are together and watching over me. I wish you all the best in this difficult time. Take care of each other.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:45 AM   #5
(male)

sportzjunkee25 HB User

You are a special person to deal with what you had to deal with....I am currently going through this process with my mom and it has been the worst for me as well....Reading all the posts lets me know i am not alone.....prayers to you and your family

Closed Thread