It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 02:26 AM   #1

nick3350 HB User
Angry Chest pain, lower back, Lungs cancer?

Hi everyone, had a bit of the tight chest, then pain went down towards the ribs , and now the pain is right after the ribs or kind under feeling, on both side, and it comes and goís.

I have been a smoker since 14years old, 30 now. Started with Redís 2 packs a day, then went to mediums 1 pack a day, then to lights 10-15 cigarettes a day, then to ultra light 5-7 cigarettes a day with euro filter that takes out 30% of the stuff called ďnic-outĒ and now down to 3-maybe 4 cigarettes a day if that.

I have never had any spiting mucus, no blood in my spit, nothing, when I was a kid I had a lung problems I think it was my lugs got filed with something and I almost died, that all I remember I was only 6 in living in the coldest clement in the world the mother Russia Moscow (what a dump yak) so back to my pain , I am going crazy , I think I dieing or something, just a though of that gets me all nervous and I have an attack of some kind, I think I am going to check out for good, my hart rate goís up the whole deal. I have been having these pain for almost a week now, and took some basic pain killer , but nothing happened, went to get a massage, that did not work, and now I am freaking out on what to do next. What can it be, cancer? Am I screwed? The pain comes and goís , everyone I talk to tells me itís muscles, listen I know what muscles pain is, had it before, itís a bit deferent , itís right on the rib kind of on the right side lower, almost where your rib ends, but feels like itís under the rib, then the pain goís around the back, then goís away for a bit then comes back in the deferent spot, or to the same spot but on the other side, or comes back where it started. Some times it feels like itís deep inside pain, other times just on the top. I am very very scared that there is something wrong with me. Can any one help me? Am I for real got something bad going on with me? Am I done? What should I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2005, 06:06 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User
Re: Chest pain, lower back, Lungs cancer?

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is go to your doctor and he can send you for a chest x-ray....best place to start! Until don't panic...could be all kinds of other things...not cancer...in the meantime think about QUITTING! It's the best and only way to try to avoid getting lung cancer...

Old 05-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
(male)

dfb HB User

Even if it is.. Don't Panic.. Lots they can do today...

Old 05-05-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
(female)

DebNorm HB User

Go to the doc...maybe it is something like a gall stones, other stones..that can cause chest pain-acute and general, naseau etc...

Old 05-06-2005, 12:13 PM   #5
(male)

sportzjunkee25 HB User

We will all pray it's not cancer or anything serious for that matter.....but as all of us who have dealt with cancer have learned the earlier you get it checked the better prognosis you will have

Old 05-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
(female)

rhebeka HB User

Go to the doctor and have him prescribe a chest x-ray immediatly...to put your mind at ease and to see what's up. Don't panic. All of us here are either a caregiver to a loved one with cancer or cancer patients ourselves (I fall in the second catagory). What I did when I had to have all the tests, surgery, followups, etc., was to use the Nike philosophy........just do it.........and your mind can only hold one thought at a time so try and think about something else while you are having the tests done. Not now though because you have to think about getting done what needs to be done.

Warm wishes for a long and healthy life.

Becky

Last edited by rhebeka; 05-22-2005 at 09:23 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Closed Thread