It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

JulieMarie HB User
What do you think???

Mom had a bronchoscopy on Friday at 9:00 a.m. and the doctor didn't talk to her after it was done, but when she got home there was a message that the doctor wanted to see her on Thursday morning, I am just wondering, do doctor's normally tell you right away if they can see something?

Here is the history : She had two scans and a x ray and the Pumologist said that it's probably just something that is due to a cold when she was younger but he said he would do a Bronchosopy anyway to make sure there are no foreign objects down there.

I can't seem to undestand why he didn't talk to her after the bronchoscopy and then want to see her a week after.

Your thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks a million!
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

smithn HB User
Re: What do you think???

It sounds as though her Chest CT scans and Chest x-rays came back negative and they ordered the Bronchoscopy to try to find the source of your mom's symptoms? Were biopsies taken at the time of the Bronchoscopy? If so, then the reason your mom is going back, is for biopsy results. It's difficult to say whether or not the doctor found anything abnormal but yes, they normall do tell you the findings at the time of the procedure. Even if he isn't sure, he would tell her what he "thinks" might be the problem and then perhaps ask her to return to his office in a week for a treatment plan or for further testing. He might be stumped at this point altogether and want to discuss your mom's case and findings with another doctor and get advice as to where to go from here. Did you go with her for this procedure? It's always suggested that you take someone along with you for any procedure so that person can be a second set of ears since patients are normally so nervous that they can't remember what the doctor told them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #3
(female)

ChinaBound2005 HB User

Was she seen at Barnes? Same thing happens there is why I ask!

Old 05-18-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
(male)

sportzjunkee25 HB User

It's tough to say what they want to see her a week later for.....this is just my opinion but maybe they needed a second opinion before they wanted to talk to your mom, thats what took a week.....i'll pray the news is good for you and your mom

Closed Thread