It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

girlwondering HB User
Dana Reeve, Christopher's Widow has Lung Cancer

AP - NEW YORK - Dana Reeve, who spent nine years caring for her paralyzed husband, Christopher Reeve, until his death last year, announced Tuesday that she has lung cancer.

Reeve, 44, said she decided to disclose her illness following rumors about her health in the media.

“I have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer, and am currently undergoing treatment,” Reeve said in a statement. “I have an excellent team of physicians, and we are optimistic about my prognosis.”

“Now, more than ever, I feel Chris with me as I face this challenge,” she said. “As always, I look to him as the ultimate example of defying the odds with strength, courage and hope in the face of life’s adversities.”

Reeve, who starred in the “Superman” films, was paralyzed in a horse-riding accident in 1995. He died Oct. 10, 2004.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 06:38 PM   #2

sheryl555 HB User
Re: Dana Reeve, Christopher's Widow has Lung Cancer

I too heard about Dana Reeves. It is incredibly sad, I feel like I know her. She is my hero, she took such wonderful loving care of her husband. I will be praying so hard for her and her son.
Sheryl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 04:51 AM   #3

always worried HB User
Re: Dana Reeve, Christopher's Widow has Lung Cancer

OMG
I heard yesterday.
It's made my health anxiety go through the roof.
I'v had mild upper/mid back pain that comes and goes for a month now. I just relized that this could me a sign of lung cancer. I so scared now.... I don't want to die of lung cancer.

I'm so scared now nothing is calming me down and i'm scared to go get an x-ray
I'm scared there going to tell my bad new.
I'm a mom of 4 children I just turned 40 . I just can't get sick.

Could mild back pain be the first symptom of lung cancer. the pain seems to be in the middle of my back between my shoulder blade . the pain or ache comes and goes

Closed Thread