It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2005, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

crabboy HB User
Red face crushed glass on lung ct

age 41 female CT of lung 9/16/05 shows blurbs and crushed glass like substance in lung , my PCP has no idea what this means or how to interpret has been calling raidiologist, without contact /return call too busy out of office get back to you etc, has anyone ever heard of this? had same results? , also what exactly is a blurb? leave it to me to have to most unusual results , im always stunning the healthcare proffession, i feel fine, wanted the test due to my brother in laws recent diagnose of small cell inoperable lung cancer @ 42 yrs old , i guess im a hypochondriac, well now i really did it because no one knows what this means, no follow-up tests were suggested no masses, cancer etc, anyone similar out there or knowledgable pls advise, thanks Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
(female)

Molly&Mary HB User
Re: crushed glass on lung ct

http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/radiology/DiffuseLung/Text/Asbestosis.html

Check out this website. did some research on lungs and crushed glass substance. Have you ever been exposed to asbestos?

Last edited by Molly&Mary; 09-25-2005 at 07:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User
Re: crushed glass on lung ct

Hi I have a couple quick questions instead of blurbs could you mean blebs? And instead of crushed glass...ground glass appearance? Are you a smoker? Blebs are common in people with emphysema.Instead of all small air sacks or alveoli you have a few large ones scatterd in with the small ones from damage caused by smoking, they are not as efficiant in the gas exchange as the smaller ones are and sometimes they rupture and cause a pneumothorax (collapsed lung). As for ground glass appearance those would be a fluffy type of infiltrate in the lungs there are different causes such as interstitial pulmonary edema, sarcoidosis, SARS to name a few, a doctor would have to get a history and physical exam to know what the cause is. Neither of the terms should be a new term for a doctor to know as neither is rare. So no you are not alone with some new diagnosis others have heard of both things on CTs or chest Xrays before.

Last edited by Janmarie2; 09-24-2005 at 09:48 PM. Reason: More time to add to post

Closed Thread