It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

debimiller HB User
Question First Time Writer

I Have Samll Cell Lung Cancer I Had My First Chemo Treatment
On Of All Days April 1,2005. I Had My Last Chemo September
21st, 2005. I Am 53 Years Old With A Loving Husband That
Has Put Up With Me For The Past 26 Years. Our Daughter
And Husband Live In Ft. Worth Tx. I Am Scared, Mad And
Very Angry Sometimes. My Poor Husband Has Seen All My
Good And Bad Moods. My Doctor When I First Visited Him
Gave Me A Year And Half. I Am Trying To Stay Up Beat But
This Is Constantly On My Mind. I Think I Need To Talk About
This To More Than My Husband. If Anybody Has Anything They
Want To Share With Me, I Am More Than Willing To Listen.
How Does One Adjust To A Death Sentence? Thank You For
Taking The Time To Listen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: First Time Writer

I don't think any of us can relate until it's happened to us. I think I would stay strong..it's all about attitude...and pray for healing. I have just recently witnessed a miracle healing. So, now I firmly believe you CAN be healed. You get enough folks praying for you and you stay strong....things may change...my prayers are with you....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #3
(female)

tuckygal HB Usertuckygal HB User
Re: First Time Writer

Hello, I too have been treated for small cell lung cancer. I am 56 years old. When I was first diagnosed I read all I could find about it and heard the voice of doom. Mine was in the top of my right lung, in my lymph nodes around my right collarbone and in the nodes of each side of my neck. I had chemo, also started in April, and radiation. My July scan was 'clean' according to my oncologist. I then did the brain radiation, in case any cancer cells had gotten there. I am still waiting to get back some strength, appetite, and hearing, not to mention some hair. I am so thankful that my scan was clean but also am very aware of the poor, poor chances of making it five years cancer-free. Some days I cope better than others. You are so right that you need to talk to others in the same boat because no one else can really grasp the magnitude of the feelings, fears, etc. that you have to deal with each day. Prayer is the only thing that keeps me going. I will add you to my prayer list and hope you do the same for me. Hang in there and try to make the most of each day. Pat

Closed Thread