It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User
Talking Good news

Thought I would share this good news with everyone as I know when I read others good news I find alot if inspiration in it. We finally got the results of my mom's last CT. Her lung is stable, the larger liver mets are stable and some of the smaller ones are shrinking. There is no sign of cancer in any other organs. Her CEA had gone up to 308 before she started the Alimta and now is 150 so while it is still very elevated it is going down. Her blood counts remain normal.The CT was done before her 3rd dose of Alimta and since her doctor was on vacation we ended up waiting for the results.( we are still waiting to hear from Stanford but I have seen the actual CT when we got a copy of it and I think there are too many small liver mets for her to be a cyberknife candidate at this point thou maybe the chemo will change that) She just had her 4th dose of Alimta yesterday and still seems to be tolerating it well and eating well. I think her doctor is always so amazed when she tells him all the things she has been doing like gardening and going to her grandson's football games, going to work.If you have forgotten she is 81 and now that the cancer is under control she is back to living a normal life.She does have to take a few days off 3 days after Chemo when she feels so tired but that passes and she is soon up and going again. I guess the plans are she will continue with this chemo until we reach an end point of she either stops tolerating it or it is no longer doing its job. I hope things are going as well for the rest of you , you are all in my prayers. JanMarie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
(male)

rwatson908 HB User
Re: Good news

That is great news, any progress made in winning the battle over Cancer is a major victory for all.
I do wish the best for you and your mother, a youngster at 81, keep the spirit alive.
Ron

Old 10-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
(female)

Karen44 HB User
Talking Re: Good news

Hurray for your side
Any small victory against this horrid disease is well fought and well won!!!
My hubby will go back this coming thursday for the once a month CXR and to visit his oncologist.
Please pray that the tumor remains small and no sign of mets
God Bless all who post here I pray every night for each and every one of you
God Bless

Karen44

Last edited by Karen44; 10-18-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Closed Thread