It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 10:08 AM   #1
(female)

pam05 HB User
Back ribcage pain???

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced rib cage pain with lung cancer? I know there are really no tell tale symptoms as I have read before and my mother also died of lung cancer and only found out when she got pneumonia that would not go away.

I have been a smoker for 17yrs and the past 5 months have been having horrible rib cage pain (mostly in my back)that sometimes also hurts through to behind my right breast. It gets really bad at night and when I wake up it is really hard to move sometimes. I am 35 and have been reading all of the posts and did read a post about back pain. I do have a smokers cough, but it is not chronic.

If anyone has had this type of pain associated with lung cancer I would appreciate the info.. I know I may be jumping the gun here and I have made an appt with my Dr for next Monday, but I wanted to see if any of you had any answers.

Thanks again and your all in my prayers!!! Pam

Last edited by pam05; 10-19-2005 at 10:09 AM.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
(female)

Dolly6740 HB User
Re: Back ribcage pain???

Pam, I am a survivor, (so far) of lung tumor cancer. They removed my right lung in December 2004 and yesterday I was told I am cancer free so far. Another year of blood work and cat scans, and I'll be told I am totally cancer free

In answer to your question about the rib and breast pain. I was treated for pneumonia all the while there was this 6-7 mm tumor attaching itself to my rib cage and chest wall. An xray would have discovered long before it got that big if I had known to ask for it. I was a smoker for 44 years and I quit cold on Nov 1. Will be a year soon and I still want one. But with only one lung to work with, I have to deny myself. So when you see your doctor, ask him for a chest xray ASAP. Have them look for any tumor especially near the back of your lungs.

I hope everything turns out okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
(female)

river525 HB User
Re: Back ribcage pain???

Pam - don't know if you will check back on this but I had the same pains you were describing and am a smoker of 20+ years and was just going nuts with fear so I called my doctor today and described it to him. He had me come in today and I had chest x=ray and exam and all is clear with me (thank goodness). He said I apparently pulled a muscle in my chest wall from exercising and that it will take a while to heal. Now if I could just quit smoking!! Just curious did you go to the doctor and if so what did he/she tell you.

take care

Closed Thread