It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

poppypants HB User
Dad got stage IV lung cancer - any advice please

My father was having fits which they thought were from a lesion in his brain, the doctor also did a scan as he complained of what we thought were gallstones. The X rays picked up a tumour on his lungs! I am now just awaiting for the PET tests to come back (tomorrow!!!!) to see if the cancer has spread else where. I have done alot of reading and realise that he has stage IV lung cancer

The problem with reading is that it does not give me any idea on what to expect - at the moment he feels fine except for having a fever. Please can anyone who have experienced this please advise - he also has a young family as he remarried (my youngest sister is only 9 months old). Am I looking at a year, less or more? I know it is very much dependant on the person and to be honest he is not a good sick person - he has not gotton out of bed since finding out and whereas 4 days ago he felt fine he now has a high temp of 39C and is constantely saying he is in pain.

Love to hear from anyone

X

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread