It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

Karen44 HB User
Pill for appetite??

Hello all
I was wonder if anyone can give me some suggestions as to something to increase my husbands appetite.
When he was taking heavy doses of Decadron his appetite was ravenous and he gained all the weight back he had lost,now his appetite is nil,he will eat maybe a fried egg and that's all.
Does anyone have any experiences with any medication that might help with his appetite??

God Bless
Karen

Last edited by Karen44; 01-30-2006 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Typos

Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rockie HB User
Re: Pill for appetite??

Dearest Karen, I am in the same boat. The Decadron has robbed Bud of his appetite. He has lost 10 lbs since Christmas. He is either so wired or so tired.. (heh, I even rymed) that he cannot eat. He takes a multiple vitamin each day, but sometimes that does not help a bit.

Let me know if you come across anything.

Love
Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
(male)

rwatson908 HB User

Tricia,
My heart aches for the pain you feel.
As with many of us, we are taking this journey with someone we love. We were brought to this web site to provide strength to each other, at the beginning, during the course of this disease and the end.
But the end doesn't stop for us, we must continue a new fight, the fight to recover and to live. To live with the memory of who we are, who we loved and the love we lost.
I urge you to come and talk to us everyday, let us provide you with encourgement and hope. Get outside and let the sun warm your face, look to the sky, walk to the park.
You see, most of us will face the pain you have in your heart. We will come here sad, looking for understanding, asking why.
The answers, where do we find them. My heart has held so many for me, I pray your heart holds one for you and each one of us who seek it.
God Bless you Tricia.
A friend, Ron W.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
(female)

Audrene HB User
Post Re: Pill for appetite??

Hello,
This may be alittle late in responding... My husband with SCLC has been perscribed MAGACE for his appetite.. does it work... yes hubby says it has at least he's eating near normal as possible but smaller portions then before. He was loseing 20# a month and now he's stable again actually gained 4# along with taking Ensure/Boost. in the course of 3 months he'd lost almost 60#as he couldn't eat. Magace has helped tremendously.
Just another option for you to consider
Audrene

Old 02-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
(female)

Audrene HB User

[SIZE=2]I think it took a week or so for the Megace to work on my husband.. he takes 3 pills in the mornings and 3 pills afternoons .. what it does is enhance the taste buds so food taste like food instead of leather..
I'm so sorry your husband is not doing well .. in reading your posts.. our loved ones are at the same stage, mine sleeps alot to but he will try to get up assisted with a walker.
We wonder why at times man can orbit the earth but can't find a cure for dreaded diseases.
Prayers with you Karen
God Bless
Audrene

Closed Thread