It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
(female)

dodo123 HB User
NSClung cancer

I've had a lobectomy on left lung and I'm now waiting to start Chemo which I'm not looking forward to. A year ago I had breast cancer and to now have a primary lung cancer ......I can't believe it. What luck!!!! Has anyone ever thought of taking Apricot kernels? I've been told by some that they can help but of course no one really knows. My cancer is Stage IIB so has spread to 2 lymph nodes. Chemo is so awful to go through with and I wonder how much damage I'm doing to my body. I also had Radiation treatment on breast and thought this might have started the lung cancer off. No one really knows.
Its all very depressing and very hard to stay positive.
Thanks for opportunity to put my thoughts on here.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:43 AM   #2
(female)

gnik HB User
Re: NSClung cancer

I can't imagine how scary it must be to have two cancers. It seems to me that they caught the lung cancer at an early stage. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am a long time survivor of breast cancer. My husband now has stage 111B lung cancer and emphysema. At times I feel so sad and scared.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you.

linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
(female)

dodo123 HB User

Thank you Linda for your kind words.
I hope your husband handles his lung cancer ok too. Yesterday I had my first chemo drug and I'm on steroids today so not feeling too bad. Next week I'll have 2 drugs so maybe not be so good then. Is your husband going to have Chemo or Radiation?
I wish you both all the best and hope you are over your breast cancer too. xx

Old 06-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
(female)

Redchez200 HB User

I have just read your post and I just wanted to day that in October 2005 my Dad was in virtually the same position as you.

He also was diagnosed with stage IIB NSCLC and had a lobectomy and then chemotherapy.

The good news is that he has just finished and is now in remission.

The chemo wasn't easy, he was constantly exhausted, he thought everything tasted horrible but he didn't lose his appetite and didn't lose all of his hair. he found the exhaustation the worst thing.

What I want to say is there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. My dad is now doing things around the house again (4 weeks after chemo), is going down the pub and is generally much happier in himself.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Sorry to hear what you have been going thru and what you still must endure. It does appear they have caught the cancer early enough, but can understand the thought of doing chemo all over again. My husband just cannot stand going to chemo, but grins and bears it everytime he goes. If he had not done the chemo he would not have made it a year so far! My friend had breast cancer and radiation and she is being watched closely since her dad died of lung cancer several years back and she was exposed to second hand smoke growing up. (I will mention to her about you so she can watch for any early symptoms)
Take care and will say a prayer all will be good for you!
Kim

Old 06-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #6
(female)

vjwolfe HB User

Hello, my name is Vicky.
My mom has just been told she has NSCLC. I was just wanting to hear from anyone who is going thru this right now. My mom is really going down hill fast and i dont know what to expect and i am scared to death. My mom and i are so close she lives with me and has for the last 22 years. She was just diagnosed early may and the difference in her now is termendous. She is in so much pain in her head i am afraid it has went to her head or brain. She also has cholangiocarcinoma. (Liver cancer) But from what i understand the lung cancer is what is getting the best of her. If anyone out there has any suggestions or advice please reply back to me.
Thank You,
Vicky
p.s.
Hospice is coming today.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
(female)

bkerber HB User

Vicki,
Im so sorry to hear about your mother. My mother and father both just died of nsc lung cancer. Dad was diagnosed in January and Mom in March. She died May 1 and he died May 6. I know what you are going through. I think the one thing that Im glad of is we were able to care for them until 6 days before Moms death and when we had to have her transported to a hospice house. They were both ok up until about 2 weeks before they died. All I can say is try to be with her as much as possible. My greatest fear was that they would die alone but one of us children were with each of them when they passed. Its very hard to deal with and Im sad alot but I have no regrets because we were there for them and they appreciated it very much. I wish peace for you as you care for your mom. Be strong for her. My mom made it very easy for us as she had no problem talking about death and planning her memorial service with us. Dad on the other hand never really accepted the fact that he was dying and it was extremely hard on us to watch him get worse and worse. Take care and I'll keep you both in my prayers

Becky

Old 06-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #8
(female)

vjwolfe HB User
Unhappy Re: NSClung cancer

Hi Becky,
I am so sorry i have not gotten back with you sooner but i have hada tragic time. Hospice came to our house on Friday 6-9-2006 and she was up and talking but by sunday a week later she was in bed not resopnding to us. On Monday 6-19-06 she left us. She went very peacefully and everyone was here with as a matter of fact i had my big butt right in the bed with her lol. But it is still so very hard for me because she lived with me. All i have done today is cry. We buried her on 6-22-06. But i wanted to make sure that when i seen your resonse i wanted to reply back. So thank you so much for thinking of us.
Thank you,
Vicky
p.s my thoughts are with you

Old 06-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User

Vicky. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. My mom has NSCLC and I know the day will come where the cancer will finally win the battle but oh what a fight she has given it! I can imagine how difficult it is for you having thought alot myself of how life will change when my mom is no longer a part of it. Please know there are many of us out here in cyberspace sending you lots of warm hugs to get you through this sad time. JanMarie

Old 01-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
(female)

dodo123 HB User

Since my lung lobectomy the whole contents of my body has moved over to the right side (lobe taken out was on left side). My spine has moved over and is now crooked and I'm in a lot of pain every day. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can do to correct this problem. Which Dr to I see?

Closed Thread