It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2006, 04:34 AM   #1
(male)

55ian55 HB User
large cell neuroendocrine lung cancer

My wife recently had surgery to remove the middle lobe of her lung, we are both seeking help as what to expect now. She was diagnosed as having
large cell neuroendocrine cancer. We are both very scared as we do not know what to expect and also what is likely to happen. At the moment my wife is recovering from surgery done on 12/05/06, one thing we do know is that my wife is to have chemo and radiation. Is there anyone that can help us with any information thanks. Ian

Old 05-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User
Re: large cell neuroendocrine lung cancer

My husband had non small cell lung cancer and last july they took out his top right lobe. They decided on Chemo Taxol and carboplataim for 16 weeks. It was no picnic for him but with the drugs they give you now to ease any side effects really do work well.He did work during the chemo and on days that he felt tired he just worked from home. He did not do RAD because during surgery they had to resection his bronci tube and sleave it with fat so rad was not an option.What Stage was your wife at after surgery and had it spread to her lumph nodes?One thing I would suggest is that your wife have a port put in her for the Chemo. My husband didn't and it was very hard at the end to find good veins.Tell her she will have some good days and then some bad days but just because she feels good she must take any meds to deal with the side effects that creep up on her.Her blood will also be tested before every chemo session to make sure her red and white blood cells count is ok.If they are not that have great meds for that also and Chemo can go along as planned or she might have to miss a week.I hope I have helped and I wish you both the best of luck along with my prayers.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-31-2006 at 06:54 PM. Reason: When replying to a post it's not always necessary to reply with a quote.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #3
(male)

55ian55 HB User
Thumbs up Re: large cell neuroendocrine lung cancer

what stage is your husband at, yes the cancer had gone to the lymph nodes.
We thank you very much for your information at least we now know what to expect, my wife is so happy that someone has been able to give some idea as to what will happen. We wish your husband all the best for the future. sent to you both with a prayer. Ian and Carole

Last edited by moderator2; 05-31-2006 at 06:54 PM. Reason: When replying to a post it's not always necessary to reply with a quote.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55ian55
what stage is your husband at, yes the cancer had gone to the lymph nodes.
We thank you very much for your information at least we now know what to expect, my wife is so happy that someone has been able to give some idea as to what will happen. We wish your husband all the best for the future. sent to you both with a prayer. Ian and Carole
His tumor was 10 cm and prior to surgery they didn't stage him but said it most likly was 3a or 2b it turned out to be 1b since no lymph nodes was invole but we live from scan to scan every three months and that is our new type of normal life. I have a great LC site that is a big message board with all types of LC and that could really help you but we cannot post other sites on this board.It starts with lung cancer.I would give you the rest but I don't want any problems with this board since it is very good also. Good luck to your wife.
Lorrie

Old 01-18-2007, 04:09 AM   #5
(male)

55ian55 HB User

hi Lorriem i have sad news my wifes cancer spread to the liver and pancreas and we found out on the 10th of jan that she now has 2 tumors on the brain all the drs can do is give her dexmethsone to try and get the swelling down and they said she may only have a few weeks

Old 01-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

I am so sorry to hear this news but there is always hope . Do not give up and don't take a date that her doctors give you as fact. Can you get her to a new ONC? A secound opinion can't hurt. Have they tried rad? Please don't give up.I have read so many boards where someone was given a few months and they are still alive and well several years later.Good luck.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
(female)

skosydor HB User

55ian55

I am truley very sorry for what you and your wife are going through. My prayers are with you both. My brother who is 36 has just been diagnosed with large cell nueroendocrine lung cancer. We know that it is in his lymph nodes but that is all we know right now, we go see the oncologist today. His pulmonologist said that it is a stage 4, but until we see the oncologist today, will we know more about the prognosis and treatment options. It is truley a sad day for my family. Please keep us in your prayers too.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:32 AM   #8
(male)

55ian55 HB User

Hi Lorriem weel we had a good day today 21 Jan my wife and I renewed our wedding vowes it was such a lovely day and we were able to forget about the cancer all weekend. We have set a goal to make it to Easter. And I learned the other day that so many people around the world are praying for my wife.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 AM   #9
(male)

55ian55 HB User

Hi I will keep you in our prayers I hope your brother is coping ok. My wife gets very tired now but she has some good days and I think we keep each other going dont ever give up all you can do is give your brother plenty of support, I hope that the oncologist can offer your brother some hope. Take care and yes your brother will be in our hearts

Closed Thread