It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
(female)

nona1963 HB User
Question Breast Cancer and Intrestitial Pneumonia

Hello my mom had breast cancer, her treatment was (taxotere)
she got really sick her feet felt like they were walking on coals of fire
she ended up in the hosiptal, now they say she has Interstitial Pnuumonia
the Doctor ran in and out of the room she had to holler to get him back in to answer some ?'s she wasnt sure about all they said now was she had three
more treatments left, all the Doctor had ot say is is looks good and no more
treat ments and she can't never have any more treatments, they way
I understand it is before you have started this kind of treatment you
are suppose to take three days of steroids then start it well she never took the steroids, can someone help me with this imformation plese.also you can email me at [email]REMOVED[/email].

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Please honor your membership agreement.
Please read and follow the posting rules.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-31-2006 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rockie HB User
Re: Breast Cancer and Intrestitial Pneumonia

My husband has nsclc and one of his chemo regimes was taxotere along with nevalbine. He had to take steroids the day before, day of and day after. Twice a day. Otherwise there would be complications. You can look up Taxotere online and find a list of side effects. Sometimes chemo in general causes this problem called neuropathy. That's when the nerve endings typically in the limbs become inflamed and hurt like heck. Some numb, some burn, some ache. Could be this is the problem? My hubby had that same reaction with Gemzar, which has proven to be the most effective chemo against his type of cancer.

I'm sorry your family is going through all of this. It is always so sad to see new people come on here. I have been here for over a year now and it still breaks my heart.

Take care and keep us posted on her progress.

Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread