It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

mominky HB User
Question concerned

After reading your boards for some time.....I am amazed at the support and car you offer to each other. I have felt unwell for many months. In the past 2 years I have numerous tests, except no chest xray. However, I did have 2 spinal xrays about 18 months ago. I got bronchitis in late Aug. worst case ever...(ive ony had it one other time.) 3 rounds of anitbiotics later and I still feel ill. My chest hurts, my arms hurt, my muscles are twitching, especially around my rib cage. I also have a cough that is dry with lots of throat clearing. My sinuses are draining like crazy, but my biggest concern is my voice. It just stops working in mid sentance. I have been to the Dr. over and over. He just says I've had so many tests that I probably need to see a Rheumy Dr. My question is...If there were anything wrong in my chest, would spinal xrays have shown anything? I also had an abdominal CT in May. I have been told that test sees the lower lobes of the lungs. Anyone with experience in these areas???

My prayers to Ron and his family. So Sorry for your loss.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
(male)

DaveInVA HB UserDaveInVA HB User
Re: concerned

Thats how they found my lung cancer. I'd gone in for an abdominal CT scan because they thought I might have prostate cancer and they saw the lung cancer instead....If your doctor suspects lung cancer he will probably send you for a chest ct. I had bronchitis a lot also and before it was because the cancer was helping harbor the bacteria that causes it so it never really ever went totally away.
Post nasal drip can bring on upper respitory infections and bronchitis also if you have a sinus infection the bacteria gets into your lungs from the post nasal drip. That can also cause a clearing of the throat type cough..

Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
(male)

bt8425 HB User
Re: concerned

Sounds like you are working your way up from lower body to upper, stomach CT showed part of lower lungs, have chest CT or see a Pulmonologist to rule out all entire lung problems (infections, pneumonia, etc.) and if he finds nothing he will refer you to others such as ENT Dr.,Gastro Doc or endocrinologist as needed. Don't settle for no answers. Don't really know your specific complaints or symtoms but am surprised of no chest xray at the onset especialy with bronchitis. Keep us informed, we are pulling for you

Closed Thread