It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

Midwife75 HB User
I could use a little hand holding

I could use a little support as we wait for a diagnosis of possible lung cancer. Yesterday my husband of 10 years, Mike, came home from work early to tell me that his recent chest x-ray revealed a “suspicious shadow” in the upper lobe of his left lung. We won’t know anything else until after his cat scan on 11-12. Of course we are suspecting lung cancer.

Mike had a prolonged bout of pneumonia recently and several x-rays during the treatments, none of which showed this development so we are hopeful that it has been detected early. His general health is good and he is taking this seriously so I have no worry that he will procrastinate with treatments. We very fortunate to have excellent health care and disability coverage, so, what ever this turns out to be will not cause us any financial strain.

A little personal information. I was a divorced single mother of 2 daughters for 18 years when Mike and I went on our first date exactly 10 years ago on November 2nd. He was a divorced (2 years) father of five (married 25 years). We met at work five years earlier when he was still married and I was in my “no men in my life” stage. We formed a friendship talking about our kids. Both of our oldest daughters were teen mothers at the same time, so that made us kindred spirits with lots to talk about.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
(female)

dixieagle HB User
Re: I could us a little hand holding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwife75
I could use a little support as we wait for a diagnosis of possible lung cancer. Yesterday my husband of 10 years, Mike, came home from work early to tell me that his recent chest x-ray revealed a “suspicious shadow” in the upper lobe of his left lung. We won’t know anything else until after his cat scan on 11-12. Of course we are suspecting lung cancer.

Mike had a prolonged bout of pneumonia recently and several x-rays during the treatments, none of which showed this development so we are hopeful that it has been detected early.
I just want to say that I will say a special prayer for you and Mike, and will hope that what has shown up is actually evidence of his recent bout with pneumonia and not anything serious. God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User
Re: I could use a little hand holding

I will send prayers Mike's way that this is not lung cancer. There are other things it could be and seeing you are form California it could be Cocci among other things. Not all “suspicious shadows” are lung Cancer .. thank god!

If it is cancer and his recent Xrays for pneumonia did not show any thing then with luck you have caught it early. Over the years via my job I have met a fair number of people that had lung cancer caught early and here it is 15, 20, 30 yrs later and they are fine with no cancer, Some had surgery and that was it , some had surgery and Chemo and/or radiation.

Finding a spot on the lung is indeed a wake up call to remind us to live each day to the fullest as you never know what day is to be your last.

Please keep us informed as it will be wonderful to hear some good news or in the case of bad news we are all here ready to help. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. JanMarie

Old 10-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User
Re: I could use a little hand holding

Let's just hope and pray it is not lung cancer and you will not have to go on that rollercoaster ride with all of the others here. (We are due for some good news on this posting board)
It sounds as though you have a very special relationship with Mike and you are very supportive, which is what he needs at this point in time.

Will be looking for a posting after his scans for some good news!
Prayers,
Kim

Closed Thread