It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

my5sweetiepies HB User
Heavy Heart

Hi Friends,

I found this site to help me through the most sorrowful thing in my life-my mom dying with lung cancer. She was diagnosed a month ago, has had 1 round of chemo (gemzar & taxtere). She won't eat and has been so tired. Also her back back hurts so much. She is stage 4 advanced but didn't have any symptoms so we were shocked when the doc told us is was cancer (squamous cell) It has metatisized to her other lung and in the lymph node by her kidney. The doc said 6-10 months. Her kidneys are already shutting down. They are at 1/3 performance he said. She is 76, been active all her life, owns & runs a successful printing business with my dad. She did have a partial laryngetomy when she was 51 for cancer of larnyx. She did well with trach tube & survived that for 25 years. But I'm afraid her time has come.
I am so sad. I am 57 and oldest of 8 kids. We are all just devastated!!
Hopefully I can find strength through my faith and this site.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User
Re: Heavy Heart

Oh, I am so sad to read about your mom. I hope too you can find comfort on this posting board. It has got me thru some tough times and it is a tough battle for our loved ones to fight this terrible disease, but as a caregiver it is hard too, but nothing compared to what they are going thru. My husband has extensive SCLC and has outlived what they had originally told him so you never know! Be positive and just let your mom know how much you love her! My husband has lived with severe back pain since the day he was diagnosed and just lives with it..amazing. He will only take vicadin and somehow gets thru the days with that, but everyone has a different pain tolerance. I am sorry she is in pain and hopefully they can find something to ease her pain.
My prayers are with you and your mom.
Kim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
(female)

my5sweetiepies HB User
Re: Heavy Heart

Thanks for replying to my post. I've read your posts to a lot of other people going through the same thing.Your posts are really encouraging, heart warming and sometimes sad to read. I am going to get my sisters to link up to this site as it might help them also. Thanks again

Closed Thread