It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
(female)

DADDY'SLILGIRL HB User
Are there any "good" stories outhere?

My father had a CT scan done yesturday and the radiologist feels certain this is lung cancer. He said there is one spot on the outer surface of the left lung and a very tiny spot in his mediasteium. I am trying to focus on the positive things such as; he has no symptoms, this was found during a routine physical exam xray; he hasn't lost any weight; he doesn't have a cough; etc.... We are waiting for the doctor to call and tell us what the next step is. My father had malignant melanoma in 2003 and his lymph nodes were clear at that time.

I want to hear some good stories about survival; please share your story with me.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
(female)

DADDY'SLILGIRL HB User
Re: Are there any "good" stories outhere?

Please someone talk to me! I need some answers.....why why why?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
(male)

DaveInVA HB UserDaveInVA HB User

Mine have been good so far.. I was diagnosed with typical carcinoid lung cancer last Feb, had a right middle lobectomey in March and so far my follow ups are coming back clean...
I'm 52, lifelong non smoker.

Dave

Old 11-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
(female)

DADDY'SLILGIRL HB User

Thank you Dave for sharing your wonderful story! I'm very happy for you and wish you continued health!

Old 11-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

I went in Monday and had a bronchoscopy done for precautionary measures (I smoke) and my doctor is the only pulmonary doctor in the country that has this machine. It's new...it has a light on the end and he can look at my lung tissue and surrounding areas and tell if there are any cancer cells or any abnormalities way before a CT scan can or x-rays.........my results were all clear. So now I can relax. I am taking chantix to help stop smoking. this is a new drug. so far so good. It's been a month and am doing great!! Might want to check into this.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #6
(female)

ellengrace HB User

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's test results ....and you have only had a day to absorb the news, and understandably must be in a high state of anxiety.
You've also been through something like this before, when your Dad's melanoma was diagnosed. You are having to wait to hear from the doctor about "the next" step....this is always a cruelly stressful time for any of us, the waiting. You are doing well to recognise the positive aspects...and I'm sure you'll prove a source of strength for your father.

The first good thing is that you have found this board, and you can share your worries with people who are able to truly understand what you and your family are going through. Keep posting, you'll have support and advice from this caring community....many shoulders to lean on, many prayers offered.
Take things a day at a time...I know that can be hard to do, it's often a disciplined effort of mind. But the alternative is punishing yourself with projections..."what if "...or unanswerables like "why" or "why me, why my Dad". We all have to live within the given day.If you can do this and maintain willingness to focus on the positive, your disposition will help your father enormously.

I hope you don't have too long to wait for further news. You'll be in my prayers.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:09 AM   #7
(female)

DADDY'SLILGIRL HB User

Thank you all for your positive replies! Chantix is a great drug; as my husband is on it and has been smoke free for 2 weeks. My father; on the other hand; quit smoking over 4 years ago!

I am trying to stay positive and I'm praying ALOT! I have to be the strong one; it seems everyone turns to me for the answers because I work for the Doctor who diagnosed him! So I will be the one setting him up for all of his appointments today; I have to schedule him for a PET scan; pulimonary functions and a CT guided biopsy. This is the easy part; I know.

I look forward to getting to know all of you; I just wish it was under different circumstances! Thanks again~

Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
(female)

Excess1973 HB User

Hello Daddy's Little Girl. I don't know if this will help you but I have a pretty good story about my mom. She was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma stage 111. She did two rounds of chemo (avastin, gemzar, etc) and went back for the pT and was free and clear. She had a spot on her lung, and the oncologist said there were two of the distinctly separate. That he believed they metastasized. But when they did the PT after the second round of chemo and found her clear, the onc said he had never seen it in his 27 years of practice.

My mother says that she visulaized it away by seeing little pacmen going through and eating it, and hearing people say to her that they are happy that she has no more cancer. That worked.

I know some people on these boards have said that the avastin worked on it, and the avastin people want to speak to her maybe to do some study or something, but I could say it was either or. Maybe the visualization and beleif boosted the avastin's ability to produce results. My mom is a strong willed, honry woman. She is definately not a shrinking violet when it comes to life. Her genetics are strong for living to the age of 96 or so. Her father did, and her brother did, and she resembles them both.

Hope this helps. apparantly it can be done.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:53 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

angelmama39 HB User

what a nice story.........

I beleive positive thinking combined with pray are everything. We also do the visioning technique. I vision the cancer gone, and vision the dr's telling us so. It works.

Angel

Closed Thread