It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

tammo HB User
My dad passed away last night...

HI Everyone,
My stay here was very short. I got a call last night from the hospital to let me know that my dad passed away peacefully in his sleep at 12:45 am. It appears that matters were much worse then we had thought. It was a terrible shock to us by probably a blessing in disguise as he lasted only one week after his diagnosis. My mom is not doing well at all, my brother isn't dealing well so I have had to handle all the arrangements. This is just awful ! I just need to get through the next 4 days but I'm not sure I can be strong for everyone. The pain I am feeling is terrible. Thanks everyone for your kind and supportive words.
Tammy

Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
(female)

CKP HB User
Re: My dad passed away last night...

Oh Tammy! I am so sorry! My dad only lasted two weeks past diagnosis, and it is a blessing in disguise. My dad was in such pain, it was a relief that he didn't have to suffer anymore, yet, I certainly wasn't ready to let go.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Hugs,
Cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

Cee10 HB User

Tammy

I am so sorry to learn that you Dad has passed away. A peaceful death in sleep is such a blessed way to go, be thankful for that, at least he was not suffering during his last moments.
To be strong for your family whilst in so much pain yourself is not easy, do allow yourself time each day to express your grief. Know you can come on here if you need to 'talk'. God be with you.
Cee

Old 01-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rockie HB User

Tammy, I am so very sorry to hear this. But yes, a peaceful passing is what we all pray for for our loved one. Thankfully, he was free of suffering and able to cross over, trading this world for a better one. I know the horrible pain you are feeling, and I wish I had words to ease that, but there aren't any. Even breathing hurts. Just take a day at a time, sometimes an hour at a time and plow through it. God is with you and you have him to vent to and cry at. He will keep you strong. I have found that at my weakest, I had strength within me that I didn't know even existed. Sometimes it's a matter of sheer stubborness and determination to seeing the job done. Please come here as you need, as I have often although my Bud has been gone over two months now.

Hugs and prayers,
Jan

Old 01-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
(female)

mabegb HB User

tammy~i'am so sorry for your loss. this must be a very hard time for you . i will keep you and your family in my prayers.. take care.....blessings-melissa

Old 01-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
(female)

DADDY'SLILGIRL HB User

Tammy; my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! You don't need to be strong for everyone; just be yourself! Hugs to you!!

Closed Thread