It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User
Angry What Else Can Go Wrong??

As if finding out that Dad had a brain tumor and lung cancer weren't enough for my parents to deal with, this week my Mom called because she had water seeping up through the foundation, into the living room! She sounded so distraught , and like she just couldn't go on. $6000.00 later the water leak is fixed, but the insurance company may not cover it.

Plus, Dad had another MRI yesterday, because it seems like his motor skills are worsening. It turns out that the cyst that was under the tumor has filled back up with fluid(which is causing pressure in his brain) and is now deeper into the brain stem. The neurologist seemed optimistic, though, that the steroids he prescribed would help to get rid of the fluid in the cyst.

I know that everybody always says that God doesn't give you what you cannot handle. How much more does He think we can take? I'm pretty sure we're all about at capacity. (I'm sorry if anyone is offended, I don't mean to be blasphemous, I'm just scared and angry, and I wan't to cry about every 5 minutes.)

My sister brought my Dad to my house yesterday while the plumbers were doing the repairs, so I got to spend some of time with him. It was so terribly hard to see this man that I always thought of as invincible, barely able to get out of the car and walk into my house. My Dad is a retired Marine. He was a Drill Seargant. He was always so strong. And I was Daddy's little girl. I'm an emotional wreck right now, and I can't even begin to understand what my Mom is going through. Sorry to go on and on. Thank you for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
(female)

mabegb HB User
Re: What Else Can Go Wrong??

lisa- im sorry things are so rough right now. they are sure to lighten up. i know what you are feeling..monday we got a phone call that my husbands employer was going out of business and in 2 weeks he will be without a job.then a half an hour later we get a nother phone call that my chemo is not working(aaaaahhhhhhh) i understand your frustration. im truly going to put it in gods hand and let him worry about it. but i know some days that seems hard to do but you will find the strength to do it. we always do. he is very consistent. well i hope things are starting to look up for you even as i write this. take care ....melissa

Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

LisaFaith HB User

Melissa- It is so amazing to me that you are going through so much yourself, and yet you still find the time and energy to support the rest of us. You are an inspiration. Thank you so much.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
(female)

mabegb HB User

thank you lisa!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

td9997 HB User
Smile Re: What Else Can Go Wrong??

lisafaith,

Im so sorry for you and your family(( with all this rain its a wonder we arent living in boats? Ive never seen so much rain in all my 50 years. Rain go away! Shed some light Lord!
Try to hold onto that faith, just the size of a mustard seed, so the good book says. I wish we could always be healthy and never get sick. ((

heres my letter to GOD, Why God, why do you take people we love away from us?
Why cant we Dear God always stay healthy? Why do we have pain God?? Why cant we all always have monie for everything life has to offer us all? Life should not b so hard God! I have issues with you God! Who said we had to loose loved ones? Were did that rule come from? God are you there?

Take it one day at a time lisafaith, dont think too far ahead, things have a way of working out, people are cured everyday.
I recently lost an old friend to lung Cancer,
Sherry was only 51. They took out one lung, a year ago when first diagnosed. Sherry took Chemo 4 times and it never helped .

Sherrys been gone 2 weeks now. I still want to cry rivers that lead to oceans.
My husband was saying the other day its sad such a good person was taken from us.

I wish everyone good health with money in your pockets
take care
td9997

Closed Thread