It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

tammo HB User
Said goodbye to my dad...

Hi Everyone,
My dad's final farewell was today. I must say I was pretty strong for my mom and brother even though it broke my heart. The turn out of people was over whelming. He was very well liked and I learned that I have an amazing support system of friends and family.
I do feel a sense of relief as I know his illness would have taken his dignity away from him and been extremely difficult on us. My heart is broken but I believe it will heal somehow. I wish everyone here the best and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I now need some time to deal with my emotions and heal. I also need to take care of my mom.
((hugs)) to all of you.
Tammy

Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #2
(female)

Regina How HB User
Re: Said goodbye to my dad...

Sorry to hear about your dad. I can understand how you feel over the loss because I went through the same thing as you are now.

I lost my dad 3 years ago and I was very very sad, like you. After my dad's funeral, I kept thinking over the time I spent with him when I was kid. Tears rolled down from my eyes as I thought of the past I missed him. But then I told myself, my dad is not going to be happy to see me so depressed, so I must look forward.

Now it is all over. So you should also think along that line. Your dad in heaven will be happier to see you picking up yourself and look forward.

Hope this help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
(female)

Doo-Dah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammo View Post
Hi Everyone,
My dad's final farewell was today. I must say I was pretty strong for my mom and brother even though it broke my heart. The turn out of people was over whelming. He was very well liked and I learned that I have an amazing support system of friends and family.
I do feel a sense of relief as I know his illness would have taken his dignity away from him and been extremely difficult on us. My heart is broken but I believe it will heal somehow. I wish everyone here the best and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I now need some time to deal with my emotions and heal. I also need to take care of my mom.
((hugs)) to all of you.
Tammy
So sorry for your loss. My mom past away December 19, 2006. I know what your going through and probably have all the same questions you do. Its been a month and I think about my mom every day...all day long...and wonder if this will be in my mind for the rest of my life....feeling like I want to cry all the time and thinking about the cancer and everything me and my family went through watching my mom die. Hoping this pain in my heart will get better in time. Be strong!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Tammy,
Sorry to hear about your dad, but you know you are right in everything you said especially about his dignity and understand what you are saying. Happy to hear you have a great support of family and friends. I lost my dad on Feb. 18, 2005 and I still miss him and know I will as long as I am alive. You sound like you will be okay, not to mention busy taking care of your mom.
Hang in there and thanks for sharing,
Kim

Closed Thread