It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

mbaresi77 HB User
Unhappy My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer

hi everyone my name is toni i recently found this website and knew i had to join... my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer on October 12, 2006.. when we found out that day we all cried and was in shock, i couldnt believe something like this was happening to our family.. well it was a rough road ahead my mom went to chemo once a week and to radiation 5 times a week this went on for about 2 months... during the months my mom was sooo weak, her tongue and throat had sores all over them, she couldnt hardly eat a thing.. she fought one day at a time.. December 14th was her last radiation and the Tuesday on that weak was the last kemo... she was happy, all she thought about was her mouth and throat healing for her to eat some good food (as she put it).. she was in a rehibilitation center because she was soo weak.. so as i said tuesday was her last kemo, then thursday was her last radiation on friday we had to call for the ambulance to take her to the hospital as she was not looking good at all and was having trouble breathing.. over the weekend she was on the full oxygen, doctors saying she had pneumonia.. she was restless trying to pull off the oxygen mask, they had to sadate her and put her on the breathing machine that was saturday night... they were using every kind of drug for the pneumonia, her body was just sooo weak from the kemo and the radiation that she lost her fight on tuesday.. they said they tried everything for her but nothing was working... they had to take her off the breathing machine and she passed away minutes later.... my heart stopped as she was my mother, best friend my everything...well its been a month since her passing and i cry several times a day.. sometimes i even think she will be back, because everything happened soo fast and i always tell myself there is no coming back... so my mom had non-small cell lung cancer and as most it wasnt detected till she was in the final stage... right now were in the fustrated and angry mood.. asking did we do everything?was everything that we did right? noone has any answers to that but god and my mom... they both no know why my mom had to leave us...now i have a special guardian angel watching over me..

sorry for the long story i just had to vent but thanks for listening..

regards,

toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
(female)

mabegb HB User
Re: My Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer

toni- i'am very sorry for your loss.i cant imagine how you must be feeling. the only thing i can say is now she is not in pain and free from this horrible disease. i realize that may not be much comfort right now when this is all so raw.hopefully you can find whatever answers you are looking for and able to have some closure . i think we always ask did we do the right thing...could we have done more....was that the right treatment and would something else have worked better....i think i ask my self alot. although i have not lost someone with the disease i am on the other end of it and have stage 4 metastatic lung cancer. so i think the questions never go away . i hope you are able to find some peace. god bless you-melissa

Old 01-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
(female)

tammo HB User

Hi Toni,
OMG- You're story sounds identical to mine. Unbelievable! I am so sorry for your loss. My dad has been gone one week. We didn't have time for the chemo or radiation. He was hospitalized and we were told his calcium was high, then we were told he had pneumonia, they put him on oxygen as he was struggling to breath...then he was gone. It happened so fast I still can't believe he is gone. It doesn't seem real to me. It's very painful and I am so worried about my mom. But I guess I have accepted that this was the best thing for him even if it doesn't seem fair to us. No more pain. He just didn't have the energy to fight it. His funeral was overwhelming, it was this past Tuesday. We had about 300 people there. My heart is broken as I can imagine yours is but we have to live in the moment. You know the Minister summed it up well....he said we have moved them from a physical presence into out heart and that is why our heart feels so heavy. Time will keep those precious moments in our heart. Live for your family and for your life. I think we will now really appreciate whom we have in our lives even more.
(((hugs)))
Tammy

Old 01-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User

Toni,

Sorry to hear about your mom. Having lost my mom in Nov. I know no words will bring comfort.Too many here understand your pain. Do not torture yourself with the questions as that will get you no where. You did the best you could for your mom and having gone as far as putting her on a ventilator to try to get her past the pneumonia..well there reallly was nothing more you could do. It was all in God's hands not yours.Pneumonia kills plenty of young healthy people each year and your poor mom was weakend by the chemo and radiation making it that much harder to survive it. You did the best medicine has to offer. Humans can only do so much.

Your mom has left this physical world but her spirit lives on and one day you will be together again. I will send prayers for your families healing and here are a few((((Hugs))))) for you. JanMarie

Closed Thread