It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User
Re: Devistated

Ray you are totally normal re the aches and pains. My husband went through that also after the surgery and chemo was over.He started getting many PVC's so we had a heart doc check him out with many tests.His heart is in great shape and then he kept going to his pulmonary doc which is a good thing since he has asthma and has had it all of his life and he is getting off of some drugs for his asthma and being put on newer ones and we found out one of the drugs he was taking was way to high and as he stopped taking such a high dose his pvc's have all but gone away.
You are right to tell your children after you know.When we got the final diag of LC we told our daughter (first we called her husband at work and told him and we wanted him to be at home when we told our daughter) then she told our grand kids and after the surgery and almost threw the Chemo it was xmas 05 and the kids flew here for Xmas.We asked the two older grandsons who couldn't get over POP POP's bald head if they wanted to go with us to the cancer center while my husband was getting his labs done. Both said yes and we showed them around the cancer center even te chemo room where people were getting their treatments.Those two took it all in and asked many questions. It helped them to see what was going on with their grandfather though if he was to have had chemo that day I would never have let them go.
Just a thought you might even have a touch of asthma. Let us all know how the CT scan results come out. My thoughts and payers are with you.
Lorrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #17
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddckd View Post
Thanks, I notice you are from FL, is this a risk we have in the south? I'm from AL. I had a chest xray couple years ago and nothing showed up. Have you had noncalcified nodule??? If so, what results did you have?
For us I cannot blame my husbands LC on the south we moved from CA about 2 1/2 years ago because of a job transfer and we lived in CA for over 25 years. My husband was diag about 1/2 year after moving here and the LC had been growing for several years but it was masked by his asthma.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
(male)

KH2129rulz HB User

Thanks Lorrie. I know asthma is nothing to laugh at, but right now if that is what's wrong with me, then I welcome it. I mean, the asthma would be easier to control than LC would be to fight. Either way, I'm getting prepared for the worst case scenario. I'm changing my eating habits right away and I'm looking into various supplements. My grandmother has emphysema. Is that hereditery? It's funnny you speak of being from one certain part of the country as having a higher risk for LC. My Dr. told me Tues. when she found the nodules on the x-ray that since a grew up and have lived in the midwest all my life, that it's possible that I have "Farmer's Lung". I'd never heard of it. Still no way of knowing anything until my CT results are back. Supposedly today or tomorrow. A part of me really wants and needs to know the results and another part of me doesn't want to know. I realize I hHAVe to know so I can go forward, one way or the other. Thanks again for the soothing words of encouragement. My thoughts and prayers are also with your husband and family. Ray

Old 01-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #19
(female)

cddckd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
For us I cannot blame my husbands LC on the south we moved from CA about 2 1/2 years ago because of a job transfer and we lived in CA for over 25 years. My husband was diag about 1/2 year after moving here and the LC had been growing for several years but it was masked by his asthma.
Thanks Lorrie, I wish you and your family all the best in this trying time. I just don't know what else to do during three months until the next CT. I am going to take your suggestion and ask my primary to refer me to a pulmonary. This is weird, I found this out about a week ago, last night my best friend called and said she went in for a chest xray, (been hurting in her chest), and they showed up "spider-web" images all over both of ther lungs. Does anyone know what this is or know of someone that experienced this. Thanks a lot, and love and prayers to each of you. Debbie

Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Ray Prayers for great results.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #21
(female)

mabegb HB User
Smile Re: Devastated

ray- i'am so glad to hear you are getting such great support. you have a great outlook on this now. i know it's still hard but i truly believe attitude is at least 90% of it. i know people that were given a definite death sentence but they turned it around with their faith and attitude. in life anything is truly possible.
as for the aches and pains. even though we can deal with the stress pretty well at some point it can take a toll on you. i have had the anxiety attacks a couple of times and it is very real. your mind absolutely can play tricks with your body. if it continues i would ask about meds. i take ativan and i dont have to take it everyday just when im having issues with it. and for me there really are no side effects. it doesnt make me feel goofy or anything. im not big on lots of meds cuz i have 2 young girls at home that i have to take care of by myself so im very cautious about what i take. just food for thought if it continues to bother you. maybe some good news will be the cure that you need. i will be praying so hard for you that the results are good.also for your family cuz i know it takes a toll on everyone...............have a great night ray...............blessings,melissa

Old 02-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #22
(female)

Tiz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH2129rulz View Post
Thanks Lorrie. I know asthma is nothing to laugh at, but right now if that is what's wrong with me, then I welcome it. I mean, the asthma would be easier to control than LC would be to fight. Either way, I'm getting prepared for the worst case scenario. I'm changing my eating habits right away and I'm looking into various supplements. My grandmother has emphysema. Is that hereditery? It's funnny you speak of being from one certain part of the country as having a higher risk for LC. My Dr. told me Tues. when she found the nodules on the x-ray that since a grew up and have lived in the midwest all my life, that it's possible that I have "Farmer's Lung". I'd never heard of it. Still no way of knowing anything until my CT results are back. Supposedly today or tomorrow. A part of me really wants and needs to know the results and another part of me doesn't want to know. I realize I hHAVe to know so I can go forward, one way or the other. Thanks again for the soothing words of encouragement. My thoughts and prayers are also with your husband and family. Ray

Hi. Some forms of emphysema can be hereditery. Farmer's Lung and Histoplasmosis, both infections caused by fungus, are very common in the Midwest AND they can cause shortness of breath. Household mold is very common too, and you can develop allergies to it that can cause asthma-like breathing attacks when you're exposed to too much of it. Many fungal infections can be picked up in childhood and lay dormant until later in life... if you played in hay mows or in chicken coops, around pigeon coops, or visited bat caves, or feed birds and clean up their droppings, you can get fungal infections of the lungs. If your lungs are healthy you will usually fight off the infection and never know you had it, other than thinking you had a bout of flu... but each infection can leave a scar... a nodule... in your lungs. I live in Iowa, my radiologist said nearly everyone here has had at least one fungal infection that left a lung scar.

Good luck to you..............Tiz.

Last edited by Tiz; 02-02-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: ps.... an active fungal infection can APPEAR to be cancer on a PET scan.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #23
Inactive
(female)

robinbird HB User
Re: Devastated

Ray, we're waiting, what were the results?????

Robinbird

Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #24
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User
Re: Devastated

I am also waiting. I hope all is ok and he just isn't posting.

Closed Thread