It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #1
(female)

malai HB User
Stage 3 Curable?

Has anyone had experience with stage 3 NSCLC, Adenocarcianoma? My mom has a tumor in her left upper lobe and she has cancer on her lymph nodes on the right side.

Is this something that we have hope for that can be cured and is not terminal?

Last edited by malai; 01-24-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User
Re: Stage 3 Curable?

Maiai
There is always hope.They now have so many treatments available if one is not working they try something else. Never give up.

Last edited by lorriem; 01-24-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
(female)

postiemayer HB User

Hi there, still new enough that I am never really sure if I am posting replies correctly but wanted to try and respond and say that I have an old friend of my mothers that was diagnosed with stage 4 (that's what she said) large cell lung cancer (don't know about the adenocarcinoma part) that had surgery, radiation and chemo during the past year and is saying that her oncologist said it is as if she never had it. So....judging by what she has been emailing me that the large cell (as opposed to my husbands small cell) has a great deal of hope. She is back to doing a lot of things as normal. Bless you. I pray for all on these boards and their loved ones!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lorriem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by postiemayer View Post
Hi there, still new enough that I am never really sure if I am posting replies correctly but wanted to try and respond and say that I have an old friend of my mothers that was diagnosed with stage 4 (that's what she said) large cell lung cancer (don't know about the adenocarcinoma part) that had surgery, radiation and chemo during the past year and is saying that her oncologist said it is as if she never had it. So....judging by what she has been emailing me that the large cell (as opposed to my husbands small cell) has a great deal of hope. She is back to doing a lot of things as normal. Bless you. I pray for all on these boards and their loved ones!
I don't think on ths board I can say what type of cancer has better results but on line you can google both types and get an answer. All I can say is my husband had non small cell squamuas(sp) and he has no evidence of cancer (NED) though last week we had a scare I was wrong ONC was right which should tell me not to play doctor but I can question.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
(female)

CKP HB User

I have stage 3a NSCLC, large cell variety, and I have been cancer free for 15 months now. There is always hope.
God Bless You!

Cindy

Old 01-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
(female)

Excess1973 HB User

my mother had stage iii adenocarcinoma and they are now saying that she is free. she had chemo with avastin and did visulatization.
Best wishes to you!

Closed Thread