It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

postiemayer HB User
50% reduction in tumors

Just wanted to say that my husband went back to the cancer center today for his 3rd round of chemo for extensive small cell lung cancer. He has been feeling so worn out that he was questioning the sanity of continuing on since he feels so dragged out but we found out that the large tumors in lung and liver have reduced about 50% and some of the small ones are not showing up in the latest ct scan so his oncologist says that we have bought some time, and probably some good time once the chemo stops so he decided to continue on for another round at least. His blood counts are good and even though we had to delay chemo for a week due to the weather and his mental state, the MD is reducing the dosage so that hopefully the recovery from this round will be less intense. To those of you out there that have been so supportive, thank you. I know that prayers work and there is always hope of some kind. I have been so blessed, I am praying for many blessings to come your way thru these many dark hours. I have cried a world of tears since the diagnosis, and no doubt will cry many more but I still have my sweetheart and that is the greatest blessing of all!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
(female)

courtenaynt HB User
Re: 50% reduction in tumors

Oh, thank you for posting this. It gives me hope!

My mom also has extensive SCLC and her first round did not do much. They have already put her on oxygen and she's quite miserable. I am wondering if a second round can really do what the first didn't. I am so glad to hear that you have some time, and time without chemo.

I will continue thinking and praying for you and your family, and hoping for the best for mine and that my story will mirror yours.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

mabegb HB User

postiemayer- wow!!!!that is wonderful news. it is so nice to recieve the news that treatment is working it makes you feel like the suffering was worth it. i also recieved the news that mine are stable. which to me is great -mine is not curable so to stop it right now is a major blessing. i am soo happy for you and your husband. with valentines day around the corner you will have something special to celebrate.............blessings....melis sa

Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Great news! I hope you continue sharing good news and your husband's counts continue to be good so he can continue treatment. It is terrible how hard they must fight, but oh what a wonderful feeling when you hear some good news!
Thanks for sharing and as always I hold my friends on the posting board in my prayers.
Kim

Closed Thread