It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

Jvance43 HB User
Stage 3B nsclc in remission

I was diagnosed with the above cancer on 3 3 06. The cancer was in the lower right lobe of the lung as well as behind the carina in a lymph gland. Afterdaily treatment with chemo and 33 radiation treatments at the same time, my cancer went into remission. CT showed "no longer seen" on August 30, 2006.
Have been doing follow up Ct's and they are still clean. My problem is:
Plural effusion. The first time they drained it and sent it off, it came back clean, no cancer cells. Last Friday I had to have it drained again. I called the Dr office and asked the results. They said No cancer cells, but Lymphocytes, and the Dr would talk to me about that on the 30th. On several of my bloodworks, the Lumphocytes were listed as Low @ 13.2, normal being between 20.0 and 40.0 . The absolute cell count are 0.9 with normal being between 1.00 and 3.30 .
Does this mean the cancer is comming back?

Old 01-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
(female)

mabegb HB User
Re: Stage 3B nsclc in remission

jvance-that is great to hear that the cancer is in remission. i know we will always feel on edge about it coming back. it is like waiting for the other showe to drop. im not an expert but from experience -the doctor want ing to wait to give you results on the 30 would indicate to me that it may not be the cancer. usually they are pretty aggressove with it returning and getting you started on something right away or ordering additional testing.
you could always call the office back and either move up the appt or just tell them you cant wait and want to speak to the doctor on the phone(ive done that before) sometimes its just to scary to wait after all you have been through) i dont if i have been of any help but i certainly will say a prayer for you that this is not the cancer..........good luck and let us know.........melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread