It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
(male)

ticketman HB User
Newbie seeks info and suggestions please help

Hi,

I'm 28 years old and have been smoking about a pack a day since the summer of 95. For the previous 3 years I lived somewhere that had excersie equipment. In August of 2006 I moved into my own place. I haven't seriously worked out now since April or May of 2006. I have gained weight and I haven't been eating so healthy. I also have a very low grade heart murmur as of 2001 check up.

In November I spent an evening at a friends house and they were smoking pot. There was no ventilation in the room. After returing home around 11:00 PM I started experiencing some weird chest pains. I went to the county hospital 3 days in a row finally on the 3rd I got an ekg and they said nothing is wrong.

I've been obssessed with quittingn smoking and not getting sick now since November. Last week I caught a cough/fever. 2 days later the fever left. I am again experiencing a weird lull like pain in my back. And earlier today I had no chest pains but now there back. As I quit smoking for 11 hrs and started again.

I have health insurance but I haven't gone to any dr. I am really paranoid worrying about this and well here are theonly symptoms present since November.

I don't have
- A constant persisten cough
- I haven't had a sudden weight loss
- Except for feeling ill last week and still recovering no weakness
- I do have wheezing but again if I smoke less it decreases

Ones I have
- Phlem
- Chest pains
- Back pain but a slight lul pain not a normal back pain
- rightnow my throat is a little tight

I'm really just freaked out, obviously quitting smoking tommorow is ideal but do I really have something to worrya bout here pertaining to lung cancer?? Also take into consideration I haven't worked out much and my eating is bad. Man this uncertaintiy stinks

Thanks
I appreciate it

Last edited by ticketman; 01-29-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
(male)

easyrun262 HB User
Re: Newbie seeks info and suggestions please help

Hi Ticketman- It sounds like you are experiencing health issues that should be addressed sooner than later. See a doctor, then a mental health counselor, and apply to a smoking cessation program.

Smoking 'wacky weed' certainly will not benefit your respiratory system. Looks like some major lifestyle changes need to come your way. I wish you the best. God Bless You. Tom

Old 01-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

baybear HB User

Calm down--HIGHLY unlikely that you have lung cancer. Sounds like anxiety to me--call your dr, get a physical (all will be fine, I'm sure) for peace of mind, and talk to them about an anti-anxiety/depressant drug--they do help...

Old 01-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
(female)

postiemayer HB User

Take it easy, quitting smoking is always a good idea, but I do think worry has a great deal to do with this. My brother works for an oncologist, and is always over reacting to things. BUT... you MUST see a doc, and try and rule things out, and the sooner the better. No sticking your head in the sand. Life is short, as we are finding out with my husbands cancer, MAKE IT COUNT!!!

Last edited by postiemayer; 01-30-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 AM   #5
(male)

ticketman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by postiemayer View Post
Take it easy, quitting smoking is always a good idea, but I do think worry has a great deal to do with this. My brother works for an oncologist, and is always over reacting to things. BUT... you MUST see a doc, and try and rule things out, and the sooner the better. No sticking your head in the sand. Life is short, as we are finding out with my husbands cancer, MAKE IT COUNT!!!
I appreciate all your guy's input. I quit smoking Tuesday around noon. I just failed. It is in my head and it is a life that can be short. After reading all these blogs I have a lot of compassion for this deadly disease. After failing to quit again I have alot of respect for the power of this addiction. I must succeed soon.

Take care

Old 01-31-2007, 02:11 AM   #6
(male)

ticketman HB User

No no I don't smoke the wacky weed I was in a room of others presence who were, no joke. I quit pot 7 years ago.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:36 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Newbie seeks info and suggestions please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketman View Post
No no I don't smoke the wacky weed I was in a room of others presence who were, no joke. I quit pot 7 years ago.
What's the difference? It's still a form of second hand smoke!

Closed Thread