It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
(male)

redhawker HB User
Please Pray for my Mom

Well today, was a good and a bad day. My little brother recieved his acceptance letter from the school i go to. But my mom also went to the doctor and they gave her an x-ray. The doctor said theres somethign on her lungs and she is taking a cat scan tommorow. My mom has been a smoker for many years, easily over 20 years. I've always told her to stop. I need my mom and I don't know howd i live without her. I was doing research on lung cancer(how ironic) for my mbi class and read that the most you could live was 5 years after you were diagnoised. Could anything on her lungs not be cancer? Please pray for my mom and me, hopefully the cat scan will clear things up.

Thank You.

-WL

Old 01-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
(female)

mabegb HB User
Re: Please Pray for my Mom

certainly cancer is only one possibility. she will definitely be in my prayers as you await answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
(female)

CKP HB User

The Ohio Valley has a high incidence of histoplasmosis, which shows up in the lungs (you could google it).
Also, there are people living well past 5 years after diagnosis of lung cancer. They use five years as a measure, and some doctors will consider a person cured if they go five years with no recurrance. However, even with recurrance, some people can go on by treating it like a chronic disease. If she should have cancer, make sure she has the best medical team possible, it makes all the difference.
Congrats to your brother and good luck to all of you! Please let us know the results, I'll be praying for good news.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Hi-
Let us know when you find out and try to stay calm for your mom's sake. You just never know what it could be and so hard to say it is cancer or it is not.
Prayers coming your way,
Kim

Old 02-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
(female)

Pooh lady HB User
Smile Re: Please Pray for my Mom

WL
Wanted you to know that my husband and I will keep you in our prayers! My mother-in-law was a smoker and had throat cancer she went through rad. treatment.
We will pray that the Lord takes the desire for cigarettes away and that He intervenes and that there is no cancer!
Please keep us posted.
You try and get some rest yourself take care of you.
Father we pray in Jesus' name that you touch WL mother from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. We ask that you give the family your peace and strength. Give their mom the peace that passes all understanding. Your word in Issiah 53 says that by Your (Jesus') stripes we are healed. Lord we know You are in control and You can choose to heal us however we know that You can use the hands of the dr.s because their wisdom comes from You. Thank you Father for hearing us and touching this family i n Jesus' name we pray Amen!
God Bless you all!
Love & prayers,
Kelly (Pooh lady) and family

Old 02-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
(male)

redhawker HB User

i'd first like to thank all of you that have kept me and my family in your prayers. The results from the catscan came in and thank god its not cancer. I am in school, and my mom is at home. I was thinking how much my life would have changed if anything happened to her and how i would definetly take a break from school to go home and be with her. I didn't even realize how much she smoked in the past. She said about 10 cigarrettes a day and is beginning to quit now.

Thank you all so much and I will continue to come here and support all of you. It was ironic that for my Microbiology class, all the groups were assinged topis. My group was assigned cancer and i decided to do lung cancer because it was just a common cancer. ANd then i found out about my mom and it scared me.

Everybody please keep supporting and fighting if you have any internal problems but love life and love the people you have.

Thanks

-WL

Old 02-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Janmarie2 HB User

Glad to hear you got some good news. Good luck to your mom on quitting smoking. Its hard but she can do it if she really wants too. Good luck in school! your mom is lucky to have such a good son. JanMarie

Closed Thread