It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

louise250689 HB User
Unhappy Found out today

just found out today that my grandad has lung cancer. dont know all the facts yet all ive been told is lung cancer and about 5 months left for him. Im not really sure what to do. All i can seem to do so far is cry. I dont even really know why im posting on here. dont know what i expect from it. How am i suppose to handle knowing in 5 months hes not going to be there anymore?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

tadalaja HB User
Re: Found out today

Hello, its so frightening when you have news like you have had, but if you read this site you will see that many people live longer than the predicted time given, another way of looking at this is we are all going to die but don't know when, at least you have a rough time for your granddad so you have chance to make a fuss of him and tell him all the things you want. We often leave these things, when we think we have all the time in the world.
Try to look for the positive things, keep bright for granddad. don't think about him dieing but start planning all the nice things you want to say or do for your granddad .
Good Luck, will pray for you to have the strength to get through this time also for your Granddad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
(female)

AngelForAlways HB User

My grandmother has also be diagnosed with lung cancer recently. I'm stilll waiting to hear how long she has but the hard thing is she's the best friend in the world. I take pride in being the "fav" grand daughter and now she's leaving. I understand looking at them and thinking "you're going to die and I don't want you to".....and it's hard. I dont understand what to do because to me cancer makes no sense....But I think of what my grandma's going through. We have to be strong for our family. I'm not saying you cant cry with them or show emotion, but your grandfather is STILL ALIVE, he's STILL LIVING!!! Treat him like he's living, there'll be time to cry and grieve after. Prayers go out to the both of you God Bless

Old 02-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
(female)

mlamby37 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise250689 View Post
just found out today that my grandad has lung cancer. dont know all the facts yet all ive been told is lung cancer and about 5 months left for him. Im not really sure what to do. All i can seem to do so far is cry. I dont even really know why im posting on here. dont know what i expect from it. How am i suppose to handle knowing in 5 months hes not going to be there anymore?
I'm sorry to hear your sad news. My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer about a year and a half ago. No one ever came out and said he only has a certain time left. They could not operate because it's not contained in one spot. He has been on 3 different kinds of chemo. Right now we go every Friday for chemo. He has felt pretty good with all things considered. He does have a side effect in his feet with pain. I hope there is something positive that they can do for your grandad.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 AM   #5
(female)

lisalandless HB User

Hi. My Dads Just Been Told He Has Lung Cancer And Doesnt Have Very Long Either. Its Been Really Hard And My Thoughts Are With You. This Is A Really Difficult Thing To Have To Accept And Then Live With. Just Be Grateful For The Times You Had And The Times To Come. I Cant Really Advise You As Im Trying These Things To Get Myself Through The Day Too But Please Know That If You Think Of Me Ill Send You Strength Whenever You Need It. My Mums An Angel You Know. (she Died 5 Years Ago). She Hasnt Left Me Though Just Like Your Grandad Will Always Be With You. God Bless You. Xx

Closed Thread