It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
MIL lung cancer

My dear 78 yr old mother in law had a spiral scan last week and radiologist thinks it's lung cancer. She went to see surgeon today, and is going in to hospital to get needle biopsy tuesday. they are going to keep her overnight to run other test, ie. breathing and lung tests. Surgeon says the tumor is fist size.......that doesn't sound good. We will know more after Tuesday.......

The following user gives a hug of support to flintrock:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to flintrock For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 02-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User
Re: MIL lung cancer

Hi-
Sorry to hear your MIL might have lung cancer. You caught my attention though because I read about the spiral scans and they are newer, correct? Does your MIL have any symptoms? What prompted her to go to the doctor?
Wishing her well and pray it is not cancer.
Kim

The following user gives a hug of support to Kimslos:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimslos For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

She does not have any symptoms. Xray was done because she has an anurism they are watching. This area was caught and a spiral was done. Doc says mass as big as his fist.....so sounds bad. We will know more after needle biopsy is done tuesday

The following user gives a hug of support to flintrock:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to flintrock For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 02-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
(female)

tennesseegirl HB User

Hi
I know how hard it is when someone you love very much in your life is dignostic with lung cancer. My mother had lung cancer and faught it for 14 months. The night that we lost her, i knew that she was going to a better place,but the fact is that i was not ready to let her go. I miss my mother everyday and would give anything if i could just see her one more time, just to let her know that i realy love her alot,and that i will never forget the time that we spent together.

The following user gives a hug of support to tennesseegirl:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to tennesseegirl For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB UserKimslos HB User

Hi-
Sorry to hear your mom is going thru so much. Amazing how many people you hear about that had a test run for something else and they end up finding another problem. Hopefully it won't be cancer, but if it is let's pray it is just isolated to the lung. Keep us posted after the biopsy on Tuesday.
Kim

The following user gives a hug of support to Kimslos:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimslos For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
Old 03-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes it was malignant...surgery is the 5th of March. Taking upper left lobe......everything looks good. they will also take the nodes...........Anyone know what the post op time frame is..how long will it take her to get back on her feet. I know we'll have to be there a few weeks after she goes home. She will need 24-7 care and we're prepared to do that.

Closed Thread